Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Will there be New Servers viable upon Apocalypse release on 18th?

1. Possible Oceania or Asia server? 

Comments

• Options
    I rather have them have stable servers then worrying about OCE servers at the moment. We can put this in the nice to have column.
  • Options
    I rather have them have stable servers then worrying about OCE servers at the moment. We can put this in the nice to have column.
    I'm pretty sure they are using cloud service not their own servers. So I don't see how OCE/Asia server will be hard for them if they already got structures set up that are working for EU Central and US. Both of those servers have similar structures so OCE/Asia one will be the same.

Only concern might be player-base. Its true that Asia/OCE have a much lower player-base and the lack of marketing for Apoc does not help either. However small base should not be an issue either since again they are using cloud so they only have to pay depending on how many people are using the server. You don't have even to run it whole day. Just a certain time would be good enough. 

I don't usually mind playing in EU/US despite the ridiculous ping. However with a BR Apoc mode its just impossible since it is really action heavy with a lot of lunging and jumping. The lag really make it a nightmare.  
  • Options
    I dont think the European servers have been tested much as the test times have been very late night / early morning so cant be many people that can do that during the working week or even the weekend.

Also EU Central? I thought the servers were based in the Netherlands. I am sure my Dutch friends dont consider themselves central Europe  :D

I do feel your pain with the lag though as playing APOC on the US servers from Europe has not been easy. So I do hope when the game goes live there is an Asian server option.
  • Options
    Lets just wait for the open world experience, the combat will have changed drastically from the current battle royal setup , im not aware of what exactly cloud based servers are?? as far as i'm concerned all servers are technically cloud based its whether how long the distance of cable to it that server is. 

All my google drive stuff would be on an american cloud server i would assume, i live in Australia
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    Pumba2988 said:
    All my google drive stuff would be on an american cloud server i would assume, i live in Australia
    Cloud servers is another name for data centers in Australia there are many companies that host them.

Google also have data center which is based in Sydney.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited December 2018
    They are using AWS servers, not Google. Guess Amazon gave them a better deal.

https://aws.amazon.com/
  • Options
    neato 
  • Options
    id prefer if they jsut did proxy servers for Oce players to connect to NA on low ping, altho on the BR if the ping in game is correct im getting inbetween 20-40ms on NA west, im from australia