Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Apocalypse Question

I'm sure these questions have come through often, but I am trying to get a  bit more information on the process of being able to play Apocalypse on Tuesday (if you have a link to a thread where this is discussed, that would be great too!).  I am obviously registered on here, and every time I click on "Apocalypse" from the main page and then login with my account, it pops up a 404 Error..  Do I need to re-register or something?  

Appreciate the help!

Comments

• Options
    We should receive an email on how the account is transferred over from the forums to Apoc. Unfortunately that is the only details right now. My guess is we may hear something on discord prior to the email being sent out. 
  • Options
    Ty for this thread cause i still have the same questions . I Would rly like to play from first moment but i got like 0 information wherever i go i cant find anything . Im registered as well obviously i even got that 75 dollar package but 0 information how to join apocalypse and 0 information about how it goes for me as german player with my.com . will i have to switch how will that work will i keep my process from apocalypse and and and . 

Guess i just have to wait but just for the little chance that anyone from intrepid looks at this thread . Its a little frustrating to have all these unanswered questions about account stuff . 
  • Options
    Once the Apocalypse is open for everyone you should be able to register. Realize my today is your tomorrow. You need to factor in your location in the world for a Apocalypse being "turned on for all users". They are on the west coast of the US, so basically I just add one to any date they give, because it will be the 19th for me before I see those results. Try once you know that it has gone active for all players, you might not experience the 404 errors then. 

@Sora_NGNL Steven has posted more clarification on how account migration will work here. 
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/41613/new-website-incoming#latest
  • Options
    Once the Apocalypse is open for everyone you should be able to register. Realize my today is your tomorrow. You need to factor in your location in the world for a Apocalypse being "turned on for all users". They are on the west coast of the US, so basically I just add one to any date they give, because it will be the 19th for me before I see those results. Try once you know that it has gone active for all players, you might not experience the 404 errors then. 

@Sora_NGNL Steven has posted more clarification on how account migration will work here. 
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/41613/new-website-incoming#latest
    Oh ya, well by "playing the 19th" I mean, being able to play when I get off work, which by the sounds of it, would be...  the 20th where you are?  I'm not in a rush to play the second it gets turned on, but just trying to make sure I am not missing something in the registration! 

Thanks for always promptly answering questions, though!  B)
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError I have a question too, if you might know the answer. Im sure im over thinking but, i do not have to register again via this new apocalypse "register here" thing on the website, right? I would assume thats only for people without AOC website/forum accounts but i wanted to ask around to be safe. 
  • Options
    @Lagz Yes, the last information give was that people already registered on the site need to do nothing. Once it goes live you will need to fill out some information like choosing a display name and a separate password for APOC, but the email that you used to register for the main site is what counts. It will look to that to funnel all the shinies into your account and make sure the stuff you earn will appear once the mmo enters your particular testing phase or live launches. But again, development is fluid. The original email the first testers got was that those display names and passwords would be temporary for testing only and we would need to input new ones once the service went live on the 18th, and then that information changed. Seems confusing? Yep. My advice is just wait till the 18th after they announce the service is up and running, then follow the instructions in the email that is sure to come. Most of the problems I have seen seem to be people trying to download the game, access, and then freaking out when they get a 404 error. The team investigates before the people admit that they were just trying to get in early and weren't part of the approved testing list and they had no reason to be trying to access now anyways.

TL:DR Wait, do nothing.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError Alright. Sounds about right, when i saw that "apocalypse register" thing I just wanted to ask on here to double check.. But thanks for the response. Guess we will see what happens in a couple days, should be interesting to see how it all goes..