Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Let's Take a Scientific Node Deep Dive Together

sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
Let's take a closer look at Margaret's Know Your Nodes blog post about Scientific Nodes.

https://youtu.be/2TPSfUZ75vc
fNX2ISa.png

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nice to see you still doing your thing sunfrog
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash!! How have you been!!
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sunfrog wrote: »
    Nagash!! How have you been!!

been doing well especially now the forums are back ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Looking forwards to the scientific nodes. They seem to hit the spot
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • Options
    Aren't they great @SquirrelKebab I think I need to make a second part to this video. This is where you want to live if you are a weapons or scroll maker.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    They are indeed @sunfrog . Also a good place for gatherers it seems. And of course "loremasters", with the ability to acess the library.
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • Options
    Ahh! Right!
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Keep it up sunfrog!
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm just so happy to be back!
    Love Sunfrog's posts!
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    I just realized something. Won't every kingdom have science nodes in it? So then all of Verra will have teleportation. Now I'm thinking you'll only be able to teleport to and from the science node but you won't be able to teleport from an economic node to a military node. You have to jump to the science node first.

So, two things. That will make science nodes very popular, as popular as trading posts, and now I want to attack them to mess up the other kingdoms.
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    azathoth wrote: »
    I'm just so happy to be back!
    Love Sunfrog's posts!

Thanks! :) That was my longest vid ever and I uploaded the wrong version. Grr..
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    SintuSintu Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Thanks Sunfrog! Keep up the great work.
    jnbED09.png?1
  • Options
    Czar wrote: »
    Keep it up sunfrog!

I have a bunch of ideas for videos now that we're getting such great blog posts. :)
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    Sintu wrote: »
    Thanks Sunfrog! Keep up the great work.

Thanks Sintu! I'll try! :)
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    awesome video as always sun :)
  • Options
    branegames wrote: »
    awesome video as always sun :)

Yay!! Thank you! :)
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    trojotrojo Member
    I just realized something. Won't every kingdom have science nodes in it? So then all of Verra will have teleportation.
    Only the scientific metropolis will have teleportation (to and from its vassal nodes), and a "kingdom" (by which I assume is meant, a network of nodes all vassalized to one boss node) can only have, at most, one metropolis. And there is no way to teleport from a metropolis to a node outside of its control. So, teleporting will be rare, except in Scienceland (once the metropolis is completed).

Mere science villages/towns will not have teleportation (unless, of course, they are vassals to a science metropolis).

• Options
    desseusdesseus Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    I do see a scientific node being for me, though I am also looking into Divine as well..I am so torn.
  • Options
    trojotrojo Member
    The scientific node's bonuses do sound really good, especially the metropolis' teleport (which I really want people to refer to as "riding the metro"). The crafting bonuses sound pretty cool too-- even if you aren't a crafter, it sounds like a science node would be the place to go to buy crafted gear from other players.

I will be interested to see the specifics on what the other metropolis bonuses are, however. It's too early to declare scientific the best, of course, but... well... I expect it will be hard to balance teleportation against other kinds of game bonuses. Fast travel in an MMO is just so good, though perhaps the shared kingdom-wide market of an economic metropolis might give it a run for its money. A level 5 science city that is vassal to a level 6 economic metropolis might be the optimum crafter hub, having the best of both worlds. (Obviously I'm just speculating.) I guess we'll see.
  • Options
    if there are 2 metros on science would their teles link?
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    nick10281 wrote: »
    if there are 2 metros on science would their teles link?

No.

They get linked by Airship, but not be teleport.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    trojo wrote: »
    a network of nodes all vassalized to one boss node) can only have, at most, one metropolis.

That's not what I mean. I mean a castle's zoi will have lots of nodes in it and a lot of them will be science nodes. Maybe more than one will be a metro. The White Castle has a science metro, the Blue Castle has a science metro, the Green Castle has a science metro, etc... If you stay within your castle's zoi you can teleport all over the kingdom. (It's zoi)
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    trojo wrote: »
    The scientific node's bonuses do sound really good, especially the metropolis' teleport (which I really want people to refer to as "riding the metro").

And only citizens get a metro card. :)

fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    beyabeya Member
    Nice work @sunfrog , really enjoying watching. Thank you.
  • Options
    trojotrojo Member
    I mean a castle's zoi will have lots of nodes in it and a lot of them will be science nodes. Maybe more than one will be a metro. The White Castle has a science metro, the Blue Castle has a science metro, the Green Castle has a science metro, etc... If you stay within your castle's zoi you can teleport all over the kingdom. (It's zoi)

Unless they have changed it, a castle will only have three military nodes affiliated with it, and these three will be capped at the village level. Castles are otherwise separate from the (for lack of a better term) metropolitan node system. There does not seem to be a way for a castle and a metropolis to be part of the same node network.