Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Housing and what are we hoping for

T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I hope that the new Blog/Stream will have very detailed steps on how to obtain the various houses and what all will be required like Blueprints, materials, levels, and perhaps models of the basic looks. (for starters)
eZC6mjP.gif
Formerly T-Elf

Comments

• Options
    EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To be honest, I hope they leave it to the players to figure some of it out ourselves. Would be boring to follow a step by step guide on how to do everything. At least that is my opinion
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • Options
    LuckyGeekLuckyGeek Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    To be honest, I hope they leave it to the players to figure some of it out ourselves. Would be boring to follow a step by step guide on how to do everything. At least that is my opinion

Agreed. Exploration is a wonderful thing.
    On his one hand he wore rings of stone,
    iron, amber, wood and bone.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    same here I just cant wait to have these on my freehold

697px-Death%27s_Bastion.png
    full
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    EdenEden Member, Braver of Worlds
    Same. I'd rather just explore and figure out things myself than follow steps and guide videos~ I'm excited for housing though, I always look forward to it in mmo's that have it! :D
  • Options
    I'm wondering if the Scientific nodes will be the only one with tiers of blueprints available?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I think you just gave us all the steps T. (What happened to your T?)
    fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    edited April 2019
    sunfrog wrote: »
    I think you just gave us all the steps T. (What happened to your T?)

It didn't like the hyphen in my name and it wouldn't let me make two capitol letters, so I would be Telf and that would not do, nor could I use underscore. I'm not sure or remember if I could use a space... so I ended up with elf because at that time you couldn't use a capital letter at all. :(
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Would love to get in on some Vaelune themed housing, desert look! Or an Oasis :)
  • Options
    If I saw more of what is planned for basic housing, it would help for me to decide to buy special units from the "monthly" offerings.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    i'm looking for more runic housing options, that said i'd also like to see how housing will be tiered and what cosmetics fit with those tiers unless they can fit all. A lot to think about.
  • Options
    hikshiks Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    i'm more concerned about limited space than how to get housing. Hopefully its not as limited as ff14
    hikssyg.png
  • Options
    hiks wrote: »
    i'm more concerned about limited space than how to get housing. Hopefully its not as limited as ff14

I think there is a video out there that shows examples of Freehold space. However, there hasn't been any on city houses and apartments. I'm hoping apartments are not like Aion and more like EQ2.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Iiiiiii mustttttt exploreeee :) i hope someday we can have underground elves (drows) i love that look. But back to topic, exploreeeee :D
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Vintage elements including hardwood floors, arched doorways, built-ins, and trayed ceilings. Updated kitchen and half bath in the master bedroom. Master bedroom also should have a sitting room that works well as a bar. A quaint cottage featuring a newer furnace, hot water heater, Central Air Conditioning, and bonus office space. Outside, you find a fenced yard, shed, and under ground sprinklers in the front and back yards. Fabulous corner lot.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    More like EQ2 definitely. I'm hoping that you can't just buy a house. I want to have to get blue prints and harvest materials to build my house. Maybe clear the land and get rid of local nasty critters on said land. I'm also hoping that you have to do stuff to get even the basic apartment. Maybe a quest line where you have to build faction with your local government. It's always underwhelming in games where you just go to a housing broker and hand over a bag of plat (or whatever the coin of the realm is) for a new house. I want to value my home in the game. Don't make it easy. Make me earn it. You don't value it as much if someone just hands it to you.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think players should figure most of it out, but I'd say we will need most if not all the things you listed there :3
  • Options
    Will there name plate on the houses to give more feeling of having ourself......will the name plate going to be editable, so that we can write our name on our house.
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited September 2020
    Give me pretty maids who says 「お帰りなさいませ!ご主人様!」when I enter my house.
    Ok just kidding. That'll make a western mmo look awfully wrong.

I intend to play mainly as a crafter, so I'd probably aim for static housing / freehold and turn it into my personal workshop, which also doubles as a personal player stall (not sure if that's possible?)

It would be nice if I can do the same with apartments, but then I have no idea how you can fit all kinds of crafting stations in one. Also workshops tend to create ... significant noise pollution, so it's unrealistic to allow apartment-workshops.
    Although it might~ be practical to allow a limited workshop setup in an apartment? (e.g. limit the number of work stations) I can imagine scenarios like a rural crafter, who has his freehold & citizenship in some local town node, travels farrr across the continent to the level 6 science node to progress his skills/levels/recipes, and rents an apartment during his stay.

And in case I go for animal husbandry, I'd definitely aim for a freehold for the sake of starting a personal ranch. (Still depends on how interesting the profession will be though)