Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is one type of ability interaction you want to see!

CeiventCeivent Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
I'd really would like to see interaction of abilities that work differently based on your combat state/biome/party composition!

Comments

• Options
    seaberseaber Member, Intrepid Pack
    Debuffs cured by enemies
    e.g. burning debuff cured by being hit with a water spell
    Legendary Healer
    Invincible Tank
    Unrivalled Dps
    Queen of Growlgate
    Kraken Tamer
    Super Cutie
    H8 me cuz u ain't me
  • Options
    That would sound like a lot of fun. A nice layer of difficulty vs casters. Would love to see this especially from elite/heroic/boss mobs!
  • Options
    cotukcotuk Member
    Healing augments to any ability (blink, finisher, damage buff EVERYTHING) :D
    2a0jptg.png
  • Options
    CoTuK wrote: »
    Healing augments to any ability (blink, finisher, damage buff EVERYTHING) :D
    This is something I bet we'll see. Though balance is going to be rough and key. Too much self healing can lead to imbalance and unhealthy combat. Though without it also feels stale at times.
  • Options
    ZaraZara Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I honestly just want to try out that bubble orb seen in that female elf mage video... see if the rocks and debris really bounce off of it or not.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    I would like to see interactions between dot aoe and projectiles (in gw2 if you fire an arrow through a field of fire you get an fire arrow etc)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What I can and can't set on fire.
  • Options
    autumnleaf wrote: »

=d i can see how this really relates to your well-being as an autumnleaf
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    hand shakes would be the best ability
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    DeeDee Member, Alpha One
    Carrying someone in your friends list while they're afk.
  • Options
    I also hope that emotes allow you to be interactive with other people like rev where you can carry people
  • Options
    Ceivent wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »

=d i can see how this really relates to your well-being as an autumnleaf

Damn it I really need to change it....a fire proof enchanted leaf c:
  • Options
    EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Maybe something along the lines of Divinity 2, where poison attacks heals skeletons. It can be annoying at times, but it makes the combat more interesting
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • Options
    @SquirrelKebab That sounds awesome, also like your name haha
  • Options
    EkkornKebabEkkornKebab Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @Czar Thanks xD
    signature.png
    Onwards. To Vera
  • Options
    Maybe something along the lines of Divinity 2, where poison attacks heals skeletons. It can be annoying at times, but it makes the combat more interesting

I do love these interactions. Same with elemental interactions. Fire vs ice/wood. Wood vs water. Water vs fire etc. Always a fun layer of interaction.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Elemental resistance would be nice.
    A fire elemental would be immune to fire and susceptible to water.
    Or a wood elemental would take double damage from fire attacks.
    Spiders would frighten by fire aoe's
    That would be pretty nice in my opinion. ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

Q-Q please this! would love this very much so.
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »

great idea but with some exceptions, like a fire elemental getting hit with a massive meteorite should by all means just die c:
  • Options
    elemental interactions would be nice. Like water countering fire and fire melting ice
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Elemental magic interacting with elemental mobs. in addition to using contradictory elements to do more damage to an enemy, I would also like to seeing using the same element heal the enemy.
    eg: Using fireball on a flame elemental would heal it, but using water would do critical damage.

Granted I could see how this could be used for greifing, but I also could see it as a strategy on world boss fights between opposing teams.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Summons based on local. If I raise the dead in a forest I want a squirrel on a undead cat. If I raise one next to the sea I want the most fearsome creature known to man, a murlock. I know too much quality of life. Maybe just change the color a bit. Charred bones in volcanoes and mossy ones in forests.
  • Options
    nick10281 wrote: »
    Summons based on local. If I raise the dead in a forest I want a squirrel on a undead cat. If I raise one next to the sea I want the most fearsome creature known to man, a murlock. I know too much quality of life. Maybe just change the color a bit. Charred bones in volcanoes and mossy ones in forests.

This to me is more than welcome! even if they did the same things, would be great to have a change in appearance! Also cosmetics for the summons would be a fun thing.. :)
  • Options
    ezenkrul87ezenkrul87 Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Possibly not related, but I would love to see ritualistic magic. I recall Steven mentioning that summoners could get together and cast a summon for sieges that is far more powerful than the normal. I would love to see this with mages coming together to cast a more powerful ritual spell, be that defensive or offensive?
    Ezenkrul - Phoenix Initiative
  • Options
    Ezenkrul87 wrote: »
    Possibly not related, but I would love to see ritualistic magic. I recall Steven mentioning that summoners could get together and cast a summon for sieges that is far more powerful than the normal. I would love to see this with mages coming together to cast a more powerful ritual spell, be that defensive or offensive?

Definitely related. Thanks I too would like to see this.
  • Options
    JaminJamin Member
    I think something like projectile disappearance. Say a tank uses an ability that stops damage for a short time. Would be cool to see the projectile fizzle out before hitting the body etc. Rather than something just saying "block". Similar with reflections etc. reflect the projectile back at the person if tab target, or in the same direction is action targeted/
    Jaminsyg.png
    "As you wish... I care not"
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Indepth environmental interaction. Examples;

A mining spot that requires bodies at work and time to enlarge the mine shaft thru a phasing type (node?) mechanic.

Herd animals that "move" up into the hills and mountains during the spring/summer and down into the lowland forests and plains in the fall/winter.

Herbalists making detailed plans on how to find a rare "icebloom" on a high mountain during the coldest day of winter during a new moon as that is the only time it will bloom.

Simply put - If I see loot pinatas everywhere and only static environments my time in the game will be severely limited.
    owuEH4S.png