Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Necromancers for a Stronger Verra

DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited April 2019 in General Discussion
I truly believe that Necromancers can be a core part of the restoration of civilization on our wonderful home of Verra. We can provide a cheap and untiring work force to speed the restoration of Verra's cities. We can us the dead to do work in dangerous conditions so that the living do not have to risk being hurt. We allow those whose souls have departed this world to continue helping us through what they left behind.

Now I know there are some cults of Necromancers around who aim to abuse the dead for their own selfish gains. But they do not represent all of us Necromancers. Some of us just want to better the society we live in and to live fulfilled lives until we ourselves pass on and leave our bodies for the future generations to use and support the community.

#NotAllNecromancers
Screenshot_86.png

Comments

• Options
    FiastosFiastos Member, Settler
    Leave the bodies alone, they deserve rest, even if they are not connected with the soul anymore.
  • Options
    A body with no soul and no life needs no rest. Why waste what could be used to better our society?
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Spooky scary skeletons?
    I like that!

Don't forget that you can choose to be a "good" Necromancer and Summon Spirits and Ghosts to help you.
  • Options
    Reduce.Reuse.Reanimate
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    Ghosts and spirits could certainly be useful in certain cases, but they will not be particularly useful for rebuilding Verra.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    haha @nagash the competition get bigger each day c:
  • Options
    To grow you need to fight... Only with competition their is purpose... but even so we stand together whenever someone dare to fight us, cuz where are keepers of the dead, we are the watchers of the damned, we hold the chains, we bend the souls and flesh, we are necromancer
  • Options
    I agree necromancers should compete to provide the best service to their customers by making better undead and using them to do a more efficient job. Many have already died fighting, why waste what they have left behind with more fighting?
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    autumnleaf wrote: »
    haha @nagash the competition get bigger each day c:

By the Gods
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    By the mold of the undead's brow.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    Hey hey hey. i stake my claim here. you and Nags over there can stay over there. yeesh
  • Options
    nick10281 wrote: »
    Hey hey hey. i stake my claim here. you and Nags over there can stay over there. yeesh

I don't have a claim I am the mountain you must climb to become A true lord of undeath and so far all I see are disappointments
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    where can I pre-order some zombies/skeletons to work my freehold? is there a bulk-buy discount, and do they come with a warranty?
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    ravudha wrote: »
    where can I pre-order some zombies/skeletons to work my freehold? is there a bulk-buy discount, and do they come with a warranty?

You will have to wait until halloween i think. Last year it was a skelleton horse mount and a half rotten zombie pet. I cant wait for these years specials^^ (I mean i took the otter mount because it is a fucking otter mount and i always wanted an otter mount)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @nagash You are nothing compared to the people who work to restore our homeworld. You sir are a disappointment to all true citizens of Verra.

@ravudha You would have to work a contract with the controlling necromancer.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    This feels like @Nagash is Ains Ool Gown whilst the rest are self proclaimed lords of undead who in reality are just a big fish in a small pond
    Where there is light, there is shadow. I am the shadow without the light. The shadow of nothingness. The VoidShadow
  • Options
    ravudha wrote: »

just come to my home I have all the minions you will ever need

JKR3WL0.png

u9jLVxn.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited April 2019
    @devorandom the only true citizens of vera stayed on vera and bid their time until they could return, left behind by their friends and family. We will show everyone who is the real descendant of vera.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    devorandom wrote: »
    @nagash You are nothing compared to the people who work to restore our homeworld. You sir are a disappointment to all true citizens of Verra.

@ravudha You would have to work a contract with the controlling necromancer.

Why restore a world that already failed. Only with the truth of life and death can we truly remake verra and push back the harbingers. The fact that you would ally with those who fled to save their own lives and have only returned to recreate THEIR old world is sicking. I was there the day Verra went to hell I saw my family butchered and I was left for dead, but I embraced it and swore I would change Verra even if it meant killing everything and rebuilding a new world without the races.

that is my curse, and you will do well to stay out of my way
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited April 2019
    You were there when it fell and could do nothing to stop the harbingers yourself. So I will take the new path where we work to bolster each other's strengths instead of relying on a person who failed and went mad because of it. There is more than one way to embrace death and you have clearly choosen a lesser path, you pitiable soul.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    @Damokles Let's be honest, your people just failed to escape and adapted to your new circumstances. That does not make you any truer than the rest of us.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    @Damokles Let's be honest, your people just failed to escape and adapted to your new circumstances. That does not make you any truer than the rest of us.

Better stay and adapt, then running away like little girls.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @Damokles Says the person who failed at running. I know you feel like you have to justify your failure but it's unnecessary.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    @devorandom
    Well now you are at least comming back. ^^
    And we... Well we are gonna eat you.
    740GaEx.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    The weakest dogs bark the loudest @Damokles
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options

Tulnar are mostlikely lizardpeople, we dont bark, we spit.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Tulnar can be mamals, reptiles, or hybrids. Don't even know your own race properly?
    Screenshot_86.png
  • Options
    You were there when it fell and could do nothing to stop the harbingers yourself. So I will take the new path where we work to bolster each other's strengths instead of relying on a person who failed and went mad because of it. There is more than one way to embrace death and you have clearly choosen a lesser path, you pitiable soul.

You insolent fool you honestly think the people will help you. If the Tulnar doesn't kill you then your allies will after they use you for everything you are worth. The harbingers killed thousand but you want to know something, the people you are defending killed MILLIONS during the fall, they fell to corruption and you think they will not do so again. I have to question your state of mind
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options

Tulnar are mostlikely lizardpeople, we dont bark, we spit.
    Tulnar can be mamals, reptiles, or hybrids. Don't even know your own race properly?

1200px-tul%27nar1.png
    Those are early Tulnar sketches. We are going to be comprised out of 4 races. Tell me to my face that 2/3 out of those dont look like lizardpeople.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @nagash Typical madman, unable to think with nuance. History is there so that we learn from it. We will learn from the failures of our forefathers and create a society more stable and strong then any have seen in history.
    Screenshot_86.png