Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

For such an ambitious game

I feel like the forums are small. who's online? 28 others pls x guests. usually between 0 to 5 guests.
You'd think that they would have a larger number with the kickstarter sum they made.

Comments

• AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't really know how to respond to this

It seems more like a pondering thought than a forum topic
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    To be honest it's always been like this, hell even the discord has the same people talking. It will change i think when the game comes out and people have a reason to use the fourms
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    nagash wrote: »
    To be honest it's always been like this, hell even the discord has the same people talking. It will change i think when the game comes out and people have a reason to use the fourms

This is true. It's usually the few same people active in chat and when something "big" happens, people swarm in
  • branegames wrote: »

it becomes a forum topic when more people talk about it. like all 19 people at the time of this reply.
  • nagash wrote: »

I KEEP FORGETTING THERES A DISCORD.
  • DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The problem is there were long segments of no news and most people don't seem to want to engage that will in all honesty probably not be out for another year or two at least.

I have a number of people in my guild that are just waiting for release or at least the betas. I don't blame them either, there isn't much solid to latch onto and maintain interest at the moment.
    Screenshot_86.png
    edited April 2019
    nick10281 wrote: »
    branegames wrote: »

it becomes a forum topic when more people talk about it. like all 19 people at the time of this reply.

Well in regards to your comment about the KS backers, a lot of them are not actually active in chat. A large portion of the active ("core"?) community did back the KS, but are often active on the discord, plus you need to take into consideration the fact that a lot of EU folks are sleeping at the moment, and those over in the US are prolly at work.
    As soon as more info goes out and reaches the community, people will become active. That's at least how it usually works

Well in regards to your comment about the KS backers, a lot of them are not actually active in chat. A large portion of the active ("core"?) community did back the KS, but are often active on the discord, plus you need to take into consideration the fact that a lot of EU folks are sleeping at the moment, at those over in the US are prolly at work.

true but i go in n out on the forums "24/7" as in when i feel like it. and the numbers are usually the same.
    Yep @branegames is correct
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    As soon as more info goes out and reaches the community, people will become active. That's at least how it usually works

there was that twitch thing a moment ago
    edited April 2019

That a CC not intrepid themselves and I know Steven is there but it's not the same
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Well in regards to your comment about the KS backers, a lot of them are not actually active in chat. A large portion of the active ("core"?) community did back the KS, but are often active on the discord, plus you need to take into consideration the fact that a lot of EU folks are sleeping at the moment, at those over in the US are prolly at work.

true but i go in n out on the forums "24/7" as in when i feel like it. and the numbers are usually the same.

That might be because of the fact that there isn't much to discuss at the moment. A lot of the core features were discussed on the forums prior to it being taken down and since nothing groundbreaking has been leaked or released yet, people tend to stay quiet. There tends to be a large influx of commentors and forum'ers (?) active when news comes out, but other than that it's just the few same regulars that pop in and out
  • nagash wrote: »

That a CC not intrepid themselves

well a interview with the CEO of intrepid so i view it as half n half.
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Forums have been back a week. I'd give it some time.
    Aq0KG2f.png

Discussion about that stream may happen when the video is put up on youtube, but there was no big news in the eyes of the average lurker. Just some clarification on subjects individuals wanted an answer to
  • nick10281 wrote: »
    I feel like the forums are small. who's online? 28 others pls x guests. usually between 0 to 5 guests.
    You'd think that they would have a larger number with the kickstarter sum they made.

The forums will have a higher population when it gets closer to launch. Be patient friend.
    "If you lose sight of something, the only person who can find it again is you"
  • DeliaszDeliasz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm following this game since the KS time. I don't follow discord and just watch streams and read official blog.

I kinda hoped there is more info about craft but it's just what it is.

Also, I'm disappointed that only hardcore or professional (what that means) guilds are advertising themself.

What a noob and normal gamer have to do..

Anyway, I like forum and it's good that there are no 1000ish posts. I can catch up fast 😇
    Time goes fast. Time is a speed freak :D
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We should be happy, that this game even has a core community that is active. <3
  • When the forums re-opened, there was a massive surge of people asking questions about content as well as pondering the possibilities of what the world of Verra might hold for us... Now that everyone splurged out there questions and concerns, activity will be much more news-release reliant, when there is ACTUAL information to talk about rather than just speculations.

With that said, there is still most likely a large population of silent followers just hovering around waiting on content release..
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • grisugrisu Member
    I do feel like that's mostly the missmanagement of information streams fault that has been going on over the past 6 months. Steven said it himself the best, it just took too much time out of development to stay on top off it and I don't blame them that they took their time to find the right fit to fill those positions. As a result tho, Margareth and Toasty would have been direly needed half a year ago and it created this interest for Ashes that is on a backburner for some people.
    I personally stopped checking in on discord daily half a year ago. There just is nothing to talk about other then telling the new people that find their way to the project the same things we have been over 2000 times before they arrived and that's pretty much been covered with faqs and q uote dumps anyway. I literally just checking in when there is a ping in the news channel.

With those two now establishing the baseline of information and putting it all into an official format while also expanding on it I assume we will see more activity coming in over time. >>>>Especially<<<< when we hit that milestone called Alpha 2 or hopefully sooner with some blogposts over an examplary indepth class.

Literally everyone I talk to about Ashes that has fallen out of touch with it gives me the same question "Do we know more about classes already? No? Well I'll wait until we know about the combat." That's apparently what a good portion wants to know about the most in the current information stage.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter

I often wonder about this myself. The kickstarter had 19,576 backers. (I just got that off the kickstarter page)
    So where is everyone? Most of the people here are content creators and true believers, but where are the regular folks?
    fNX2ISa.png

• ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The majoirty will flock when news of the game is near, no1 wants to sit here and speculate and random stuff for a game that isnt near launch, a1 will bring a big flux of ppl and so will all the latter stages of development until launch u wont see ateast 60% of the population imo
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Im here lol

Always lurking....... chew chew or phew phew
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    Used to be different, but well its a big hole IS has to get out of when it comes to the forums. And since has been the main way of communication within the community not a lot of active people care about the forums, I think it will slow down even more before it picks up again.
  • Well, what should I say? We poor European have a different time zone *cough*

I hope we get soon more info about classes
    edited April 2019
    Well I live here so You will never get rid of me.

unless thye remove the forums first
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Nagash the poltergeist of the Ashes of Creation forums
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    Nagash the poltergeist of the Ashes of Creation forums

Let it be known that

The forums fell before Nagash did!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

nagash wrote: »
    Ibarumarky wrote: »
    Nagash the poltergeist of the Ashes of Creation forums

Let it be known that

The forums fell before Nagash did!

Do undead even fall?