Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Community Thoughts on Development Time

DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
The Devs initially said that they plan to have the game finished by the end of the year. Are you confident in that estimate or do you have different predictions?
Screenshot_86.png

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They scraped that plan didn't they?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • I haven't heard of any scrapping
  • ezenkrul87ezenkrul87 Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Considering the other delays and the length of the delay, end of 2019 release is just not possible and actually shouldn't even happen. Let them take their time and deliver a game that doesn't flop a week or so after release.
    Ezenkrul - Phoenix Initiative
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    People need to get over the "but they said..." stuff and come to grips with reality.

This isn't your dad going back on his word that he'd buy you a $2 ice cream, this is a very complicated project with variables and millions of dollars and man-hours invested. They also are attempting stuff not done before.

Delays are inevitable. To think otherwise is delusional or at best naive.

I bet we see Alpha 2 late 2019, early 2020, and then probably a late half of 2020 release.

And that's if nothing goes wrong and no major issues come up during the Alpha. We've already had a major issues from Alpha that's delayed us 4 months and counting.

So kick back and learn to love the wait.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As much as I would have loved to have the game before the end of the year, I've generally thought that that goal was overly optimistic for what they were promising. As has been said many times before and I completely agree, I'd rather wait for the game than have it rushed for them to meet an optimistic deadline.
    k2U15J3.png
  • DevorandomDevorandom Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Karthos Calm down, I don't think anybody is acting like that. At least I haven't seen it. I just want to see what the community's thoughts are on it.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • DeliaszDeliasz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is only one date. Release date when game is ready for us.

I can wait as long as possible. There is nothing worse than fallen hope 🤨
    Time goes fast. Time is a speed freak :D
  • TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I could live with a delay, if they tell us about it early enough.
  • MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    Yeah, the initial date was scrapped, it was confirmed on their stream at the end of March if my memory serves me correctly.
    Also, I don't mind them having delays as it is common to happen. They have made it known that they messed up by giving out dates and have apologized for doing so bc they couldn't deliver. Moving forward they have made goals to be more transparent with us, this is why the Dev diaries and the blogs were created.
  • ShadowCreptShadowCrept Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    if were lucky A1 wil lbe out by the end of the year steven said they planning on "delaying" yes its ok we all expected it, in order to finish the game HOW HE WANTS IT DONE, which is good for the User
    ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif
    Well I'm glad to hear that they scrapped the initial release date.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • grisugrisu Member
    @devorandom They quite literally had a stream called state of the game on 8th of march, still watchable where they addressed that they had to reschedule release due to the networking and server architecture reaching it's limit too soon for what they want and have to refactor it. It was pushed back into 2020 but just a few months not a "before end of 2020".
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @devorandom

You asked, I answered.

If you don't want answers you don't agree with, don't ask the question :)
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hi;

Hope you are all welI. I don't mind delays, its the communication that is important. I feel Intrepid now has well established Communication/Community teams so that shouldnt be a issue going forward.
    @Karthos I suggest you read what I wrote before you respond. I actually am fine with the delay. You were just being needlessly hostile.

@Grisu I have been really busy the past few months with School so I wasn't aware of the stream.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • grisugrisu Member
    Yeah they have improved with the information flow but it still lacks some key things. Not everyone wants to run through hours of stream to know what's going on. I'm with you.
    Keypoint 1 is, they found issues in Apocalypse testing to get to the massive 500 people player count on a single battlefield that they want for the MMO. They pushed it all back now including taking down the Battle royal testing enviorement until they have a better solution for it all.
    Keypoint 2 is, they won't give any more dates until they are super confident about them to avoid more push backs. 'cause noone likes them.
    I think that's the relevant stuff for your question.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
    Great thanks for the info.
    Screenshot_86.png
  • BCGBCG Member, Intrepid Pack
    2021 I am calling it :pensive:
    Oh good So I wasn't just imaging that they scraped that before 2019 date
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • FulltimeWifeFulltimeWife Member, Intrepid Pack
    delay in terms of months and not years, makes me think about (or hope :D ) for summer 2020
    wxkas80nggsz.gif
  • sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I'm glad they scrapped the release date. They need to work out the game and it'll probably release 2020 or even 2021, depending on what delays they stumble upon
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    As long as they deliver on their promises and i play this game for years, I am fine with waiting 2 more years.
    Auronsyg.png
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So long as the team deliver what's promised, I don't mind delays - to a certain extend of course #starcitizen
    If the game is what they say it is then I have no problem waiting. All I ask from Intrepid is keep your promises
    nJ0vUSm.gif