Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravan of the Sea?

skafftarussskafftaruss Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
I noticed the twin hunter ship of the Nikua had a shed. Is that a storage area for goods like lumber? In other words, I'm thinking ships can act as a caravan for trade (especially to and from islands). First question, am I correct in assuming ships act as a seafaring caravan? Secondly, what are their respective capacities? I would think a twin hunter is a mule (more exploration craft), yet a different cargo ship is a caravan. Will there be cargo ships implemented like caravans in game? Many thanks, Skaff.

Comments

• Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    From my understanding, there will be different classes of ships. One of these classes is a trade ship which will act as a caravan in the water.

So to answer your first question, yes.

Second question is we don't know the capacity or abilities yet. We assume each ship type will have some sort of specific specs that make it unique, we just don't know what.

Lastly, yes, from what we understand, "cargo" or trading ships are in the game.

Hope this helps!
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well I do really hope that ships will be able to be caravans! xD
    I plan to play a Tulnar Bard Mercenary guard after all :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I thought trade ships were already confirmed ?
  • Options
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Shhhh I'm trying to look smart!
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    https://de.ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval

All info on naval things right now.

"Trade ships (Naval caravans) are part of Ashes of Creation naval content. Trade ships allow the transportation of trading goods."
    "Ships will scale in size:
    Small ships for solo content.
    Medium ships for group content.
    Large ships for raid content.
    Sailing will be pretty in-depth and it's going to be based on the size of the ship that you're using. So there will be components for seamanship that other players you will need to have on board if you want to operate a vessel to the best of it's abilities: Let's say in combat or traversing just the world."
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

Shhhh I'm trying to look smart!

Damn sorry man, you are so smart that I could not catch up with your intellect, I have let you down :scream:
  • Options
    Can we build atlantis?
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    nick10281 wrote: »
    Can we build atlantis?

Sea nodes + co-operation of multiple players = maybe ?

I will fulfill my role and sink it for you aswell ;)
  • Options
    I can sea it now. Seaige battles
  • Options
    Can we build atlantis?

No space shuttles
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Can we build atlantis?

"There will be nodes along the coast and on islands.

These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
    It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea. So there will be components for seamanship that other players you will need to have on board if you want to operate a vessel to the best of it's abilities: Let's say in combat or traversing just the world."

Possibly, if we can raise a node on an island into a metropolis and then just abandon it and a giant seamonstervisits and destroyes the whole island ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Can we build atlantis?

"There will be nodes along the coast and on islands.

These nodes will have specific water oriented influences and abilities, services, questlines, that relate to the seas.
    It may be possible to siege a coastal city by sea. So there will be components for seamanship that other players you will need to have on board if you want to operate a vessel to the best of it's abilities: Let's say in combat or traversing just the world."

Possibly, if we can raise a node on an island into a metropolis and then just abandon it and a giant seamonstervisits and destroyes the whole island ;D

I volunteer for the destroying part.
  • Options
    @Autumnleaf
    You are no monster, you are weeny tiny. *activate russian accent* Small, like little baby goat. Weak and puny, need to be sheltered! *deactivate russian accent*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Yall hurt my non existent feelings. I'm from the sea, by the sea for the sea so if ye dare waddle your land lubin arse here ye shalt know what the salt taste like 50ft below the surface.
  • Options
    Yall hurt my non existent feelings. I'm from the sea, by the sea for the sea so if ye dare waddle your land lubin arse here ye shalt know what the salt taste like 50ft below the surface.

You mean Davy Jones Locker?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options

You dont say it.
  • Options
    @Autumnleaf
    You are no monster, you are weeny tiny. *activate russian accent* Small, like little baby goat. Weak and puny, need to be sheltered! *deactivate russian accent*

I'm Polish, Russian accent does not de-buff me in fact it buffs me since Slav power comes to me then, now I can one shot the island with a single word rather that spell c: Good bard did your job for once.
  • Options

You dont say it.

What are we? The Knights Who Say Ni?
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options

Skeletons dont float, we just have to sink your ship!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    We are no longer the knights that say Ni
  • Options
    We are now the knights who say ekki-ekki-ekki-pitang-zoom-boing
  • Options
  • Options

Skeletons dont float, we just have to sink your ship!
    You've never seen ghost ships huh. Bones also float
  • Options
  • Options
    Yeah cause they just wanted the law of badass to take effect. Bones. Float.
  • Options
    Yeah cause they just wanted the law of badass to take effect. Bones. Float.

Bone density is 1200kg/m^3, while water's density is 997kg/m^3. Because bones are denser than water, they don't displace the amount of water necessary to support the weight of the bones, so they sink.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Nope.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/oT5gnLmtRovexXa8A
    I'm sure bones can float