Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Questions for Steven tomorrow? April 17, 2019 @1PM PDT

Comments

• Options
    1. Will creation of Runic Power Stones and/or Enchantment Stones be gated by citizenship to a scientific node (if yes, will other node types have accesses to similiar if not harder methods of attainment of said material).
    2. Will the previous mentioned items be gated by artisan/life skiller (an enchanter/alchemist has to make the stones).
    3. The above were talked about Enchantment and Runic Power, what about Enhancement, will that be done through combination or through a consumable resource (think smashing two basic swords to get +1 sword, or smash special stone/orb/ect.. into said item to get +1).
    4. If Steven was still running a guild in AoC which node type would he suggest his members join.
    5. Any details on tattoo profession (will tattoos be permanent, will you be able to replace the tattoos with a different tattoo later, is tattooing a completely separate profession (like alchemy is to cooking) or is it just a specialization (for example of jewlerist) .
    6. Will update with later questions.
    Guildhart-Sig.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How in-depth will the lore be ? will it be a complicated mess like the Elder Scrolls lore ? or more like a huge universe in line with the Warhammer lore ? or just a standard WoW like lore ?
  • Options
    sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    @Sivanna umm talked about yes we wont be seeing anything for a while keep dreaming :/ (were all at that stage)

I just wanted to know if any variationsof basic spells were planned, I don't really expect them to show us anything. We already know kickstarters are getting unique spell effects so why not expand the availability to others at some point? Path of Exile sells spell effects in their shop, I would happily pay money if I could give my Healer some type of green-plant-nature effects!
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Are we going to get example trees of how a class (combat as well as artisan) MIGHT look like before Alpha 2 hits?
    We have heard examples before, I know but it's been always really wage. People still debate wether or not you can gather other things like skins when you went full in into gathering plants.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 2019
    Is the Nikua clothing set one skin or two. Meaning, is there one skin for the clothing and another one to make your weapon look like a bone fish hook or is the fish hook not included in the clothing skin?

Does lore hunting provide bigger rewards than regular questing? Meaning, if I piece together the entire story of Urlor will there be a big reward at the end, like a monster, or frozen treasure, compared to a regular quest which yields a legendary item.

Can you confirm that runic stones provide physical buffs like +5 Defense, +10 Health, while Essence Stones produce magical properties like, Fire Damage +5, Ice Damage +10. (Just my theory) Also, when you said Essence Stones are permanent does that mean they can't be removed from their slots or that they can't be deconstructed?

You said Tulnar are a mix of mammal, reptile, human. Dolphins are mammals. Sooo.... dolphin lizard?

fNX2ISa.png

• Options
    Forum prizes coming back? 😐
    Particularly PC parts. What's that publisher doing anyways?
  • Options
    SimurghSimurgh Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    guildart wrote: »
    1. Will creation of Runic Power Stones and/or Enchantment Stones be gated by citizenship to a scientific node (if yes, will other node types have accesses to similiar if not harder methods of attainment of said material).
    2. Will the previous mentioned items be gated by artisan/life skiller (an enchanter/alchemist has to make the stones).
    3. The above were talked about Enchantment and Runic Power, what about Enhancement, will that be done through combination or through a consumable resource (think smashing two basic swords to get +1 sword, or smash special stone/orb/ect.. into said item to get +1).
    4. If Steven was still running a guild in AoC which node type would he suggest his members join.
    5. Any details on tattoo profession (will tattoos be permanent, will you be able to replace the tattoos with a different tattoo later, is tattooing a completely separate profession (like alchemy is to cooking) or is it just a specialization (for example of jewlerist) .
    6. Will update with later questions.

Noted!
    kQcyFmb.jpg
    Keep Up-To-Date with Ashes of Creation on AshesHQ - Join the community around Ashes HQ, Ashes Pathfinders, & KOTP on Discord
  • Options
    MorashtakMorashtak Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ship sizes and ship skins; Will vessel skins be size locked (small to small craft, large to large craft, etc)? example; A canoe skin being locked to only small vessels so it cannot be applied to a galleon to make the larger ship appear small?
    owuEH4S.png
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Morashtak wrote: »
    Ship sizes and ship skins; Will vessel skins be size locked (small to small craft, large to large craft, etc)? example; A canoe skin being locked to only small vessels so it cannot be applied to a galleon to make the larger ship appear small?

I'm pretty sure that is the case, specific ships have specific skins, just like buildings, mounts, weapons, pets and armors.
  • Options
    Potato BasketPotato Basket Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Will there be a system where players can commend others for their contribution and this way build reputation which can be displayed in numbers?

e.g.

9 team player
    16 friendly
    12 teacher
    7 leader

Maybe also display how many hours they've spend playing the game in their profile?
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Pokosaurous we already know that most outfits, costumes are planned to be dye-able. There has been talk that there will be a paperdoll appearance slots so you can change your look without having to change your gear. Some pieces will be mix and match; others will be one piece. I think in a live stream it was said that the monthly costumes are one piece. (wish they were mix and match).
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    What is the next holiday that intrepid is considering releasing themed skins for as the cosmetics of the month?
    Not a high priority question, but I'm curious about it if you need filler questions.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Do you think shipbuilding will be around at launch?
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    Honestly I would love to know just about ANYTHING regarding crafting, artisanship, and the economy, but what I am most curious about is the player owned business system as well as the marketplace. Will there be a limit to the amount of player stalls in one marketplace, and can that marketplace itself grow or will it remain static in size? Are player owned business going to be limited to Taverns or will other businesses be ownable?
    ~Simus Deathmax
  • Options
    GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Question:
    How will the freehold system be distributed? Will every player get one? Are the uniquely tied to something in the lore/story? Will you have to buy them from a merchant?

heres hoping we can get some info! ;) Thanks for taking questions!
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • Options
    SUMMONS HOW DO THEY WORK!!!
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    After a successful siege can stored materials and items be looted from your freehold as in a large amount of crafting materials you may have stored or crafted item you were intending to sell?

By the same token can guild halls have their storage looted after a successful siege?
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Other than gliding mounts, will there be gliders or wings in the game? Can they be used in combat?
    Auronsyg.png
  • Options
    CM KalezCM Kalez Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    What is the newest feature or idea that’s been added to the project that we haven’t heard about?
    Kalez.png
  • Options
    Hello,

I do have a specific question regarding the PvE aspect of the game

Will there be any rare WorldBosses (that would spawn according to a specific timer or event that would cause the boss to spawn each week or month) with rare and unique loot ? (only lootable on the concerned World Boss and nowhere else)

People could choose to join forces to get rid of it as quickly as possible or form separated groups with the purpose to share the loot with fewer people. I don't know if it's programmed but this could cause interesting pvp fights around the boss for his loot.

This question leads to a second one. How will the loot system will work ? For example if two groups are trying to down the same boss/mob who will have the loot once the boss is down ? The one who made the more DPS / last hit ? Will the loot be accessible for both groups ?

Thank you.
    Yuhdig

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Here is THE most important question: Information about Bards and Summoners. When?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'm looking forward to this! Here's to a great stream!
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    Here is THE most important question: Information about Bards and Summoners. When?

He will just answer soon Tm

If I set my freehold next to water will I be able to build water buildings on it? Or will I just lose that piece of real-estate.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Santy182 wrote: »
    Damokles wrote: »

He will just answer soon Tm

If I set my freehold next to water will I be able to build water buildings on it? Or will I just lose that piece of real-estate.

Well the building skin from this month looks like it is normally placed on water :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    dracdoc wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to this! Here's to a great stream!

Thanks!
    kQcyFmb.jpg
    Keep Up-To-Date with Ashes of Creation on AshesHQ - Join the community around Ashes HQ, Ashes Pathfinders, & KOTP on Discord
  • Options
    nick10281 wrote: »
    SUMMONS HOW DO THEY WORK!!!

Added and will do my best to get it answered.
    kQcyFmb.jpg
  • Options
    Kalez wrote: »
    What is the newest feature or idea that’s been added to the project that we haven’t heard about?

Added and will do my best to get to it!
    kQcyFmb.jpg
  • Options
    gemiichan wrote: »
    Question:
    How will the freehold system be distributed? Will every player get one? Are the uniquely tied to something in the lore/story? Will you have to buy them from a merchant?

heres hoping we can get some info! ;) Thanks for taking questions!

Thanks and we will do our best to get to this!
    kQcyFmb.jpg
  • Options
    ninfosho wrote: »
    Will there be a system where players can commend others for their contribution and this way build reputation which can be displayed in numbers?

e.g.

9 team player
    16 friendly
    12 teacher
    7 leader

Maybe also display how many hours they've spend playing the game in their profile?

I will add this to another of my questions, thanks for adding to this!
    kQcyFmb.jpg
  • Options
    Morashtak wrote: »

Added and hope we can get to it.
    kQcyFmb.jpg