Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Gliding mounts!

124»

Comments

• Options
    GodbrithilGodbrithil Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    Gliding... reminds me decently of ArcheAge. :D
    unknown.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    sikuba wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    sikuba wrote: »
    I would be interested to see Intrepid use air vents, geysers or updrafts in select zones and terrain to allow continuous/extended flight as a part of that zone's content. It would be amazing if such a feature were do expand the game-play and role of these mounts.

Like guild wars 2?

Sure... Guild Wars 2 -cough-. Definitely didn't neglect that game and stop playing before level 20.. No, sir, I know exactly what you mean by that and Yes.

no_clue.jpg

haha I can understand why ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    grisu wrote: »
    @mozsta69 A bird can fly, but if you sit on it, I doubt it will even survive your weight. Some might be able to temporarily carry you, but it's just an analogy to understand the thought behind it better.

Gliding will be more a hovering above the ground "while riding". I see it more as a different riding animation with maybe an added bonus of gliding off a mountain. You just can't straight up fly up and stay there.

That's how I understand it at this point. It's more a different kind of riding that makes sense for the things living in Verra.

Fair enough, to be honest not really a fan of the idea. let the kings, and mayors be the only ones in the skies so we can all be in awe as they poop on our heads.....the term ....'mount up lets glide to victory' just doesnt do it for me followed by .....' excuse me commander we need to go somewhere a bit higher' ....lol
  • Options
    BloodlessBloodless Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    Gliding mounts remind me of Aion where you could glide in the open world and only fly in the abyss.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I'd love to know how far these gliding mounts glide, I'd like it to be meaningful! For instance if I make the trek all the way up to the top of a mountain so I can use my gliding pet and glide to somewhere far I think we should be allowed to do that. I'm also wondering if they'll work on ground, I assume they will but could they possibly be slower than normal ground mounts? Hmm there might have been news about this but I haven't heard if mounts will have different speeds either, I also assume they will because rarer mounts should just be somewhat faster in my opinion.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Well gliding is just cool in general so think there should be some in game way to do it.