Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

So I bought the game...

Hello everyone o/
I just bought the game, but searching for info seems to take forever since I'm still not used to the forum, so I thought I'm just gonna ask right away.

I've been following this game for a while now, and just now decided to get it.

I downloaded the launcher, tried to log in, and it says "Beta credentials not active yet."
I've got no idea what it means. Is there anything I need to do to be able to play on the beta? Or these are scheduled events when they start letting people in? And if they're scheduled, when? I guess.

Any info is much appreciated.
~thanks

Comments

• Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You're right in your assumption that these are scheduled testing events. Currently there is no ETA on when the next one will be as the last one revealed some serious architecture issues that need to be resolved before testing again.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    KohlKohl Member
    edited April 2019
    Santy182 wrote: »
    You're right in your assumption that these are scheduled testing events. Currently there is no ETA on when the next one will be as the last one revealed some serious architecture issues that need to be resolved before testing again.

Am I going to get a notification in email, or I need to regularly check for any info? Since I wasn't here for the last one, not sure how it works.
    Thanks for the fast reply.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Usually there goes out a round of emails that informs you of any relevant testing stages for you. Discord is probably the easiest way to check up on if you keep track of the #news channel. Just in case the email round might miss you.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    RokoRoko Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Last we heard we would be notified at least 1 week in advance via the official Discord.
    We've had some exceptions to this rule when the engineers have needed to do a quick stress test in the past when we only had a moments notice. But these should be the exception to the rule rather than the usual.
    As for the E-mail we rarely got an e-mail with these testing times in the past. Don't know how they will handle this in the future.
    2PXdm1m
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hello friend you are just the person I made this guide for. Information can be hard to find in this community at times so if you have any questions the guide cant answer you can message me and I will do my best to help. :)
    https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42013/for-all-new-players-who-may-know-next-to-nothing-about-the-game
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    You can't buy the game, there is no box price and it has yet to be released.
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Teyloune It is a common misconception that is not cleared up on the website. They see open beta, go to the store, see the packages with beta keys for the mmo. Buy that thinking they need to for access to APOC, and then find out that they don't have access for the foreseeable future. Surely not intentional on Intrepid's part, but keeping it fuzzy does seem to be getting them beta key package sales.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    assassinoassassino Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There is currently no testing active. You will have to wait for the next round of testing, it should be the Apocalypse game mode with Castle Sieges.
    Assassino.png
  • Options
    KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Teyloune It is a common misconception that is not cleared up on the website. They see open beta, go to the store, see the packages with beta keys for the mmo. Buy that thinking they need to for access to APOC, and then find out that they don't have access for the foreseeable future. Surely not intentional on Intrepid's part, but keeping it fuzzy does seem to be getting them beta key package sales.

I agree whole hardheartedly. I would really like it if they put a notice next to the download button or just took it down all together. I see all this undue confusion with people on reddit discord and the forums wondering why they cant play apoc. We should really ask Steven about this next time he does a interview.

• Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

Yeah they should really make it clear that you can't play APOC now and the mmo is not out in alpha either.
  • Options
    stookystooky Member
    autumnleaf wrote: »

Yeah they should really make it clear that you can't play APOC now and the mmo is not out in alpha either.

Although I agree 100% .. it would drastically reduce their funding.
  • Options
    stooky wrote: »
    autumnleaf wrote: »

Although I agree 100% .. it would drastically reduce their funding.

But the game should already be funded. That is what the kickstarter was for
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No, the Kickstarter was for adding extra features beyond the core envisioned. The game was fully-funded to its core before the KS, we have statements to that. If there were not deep pockets over at Intrepid none of this would be going on. They blew through the estimated 3-5 million they got from crowdfunding months ago if you even calculate conservative salaries and expense from stuff we have seen in the background from livestreams. As I stated above, they aren't doing it for the sales (though I am sure extra money rolling in doesn't hurt), and is just a small indies growing pains with communication and clarity. God knows they have stepped on their dick enough times already when it comes to that.
    15d710fcd61a57386fd89df2060bd032.png
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hahahahha the ice cream man probably made all that Kickstarter money :D Bet he even changes his route when they move. >:)
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    Hahahahha the ice cream man probably made all that Kickstarter money :D Bet he even changes his route when they move. >:)

I miss those type of videos
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace