Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Head Start

WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So i remember a few posts about the 1/2 day head start on the old forums.
While personally I see no problem with the head start itselve since players will be very limited in how far they can progress, I wonder how some players or guilds are planning to handle this.

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Head_start

There will be head start (probaly 3) and non head start servers. How many total we dont know yet. Obviously every big guild has backers in them, wich might lead to bigger guilds wanting to settle on a head start server. I doubt many head start players will be giving up the character and little progress they made to start fresh on true launch… May this lead to the head start servers being more filled with big guilds, try hards, angle/demon and fire/ice skins? Or will this not rly be a problem?

Personally I would be fine with having a complete wipe after those 2 day head start and maybe use the wipe to adjust some last balancing changes. Exploring some of the world would alrdy be enough joy for me. Iam curious to hear opinions o:)
Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&

Comments

• GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ive often wondered about this too. But seeing as the head-start wont have node progression on, I feel like it wont be too much of a bad thing for players that didnt have it to come on after official launch.

But I highly doubt it would be a server wipe unless something really crazy happens...like we all get 99,999,999 gold or ingame currency or something!
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    gemiichan wrote: »
    Ive often wondered about this too. But seeing as the head-start wont have node progression on, I feel like it wont be too much of a bad thing for players that didnt have it to come on after official launch.

But I highly doubt it would be a server wipe unless something really crazy happens...like we all get 99,999,999 gold or ingame currency or something!

but wouldnt it be nice for the sake of spreading backers, big guilds, and rare cosmetics evenly across the total of servers ?
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • GemiiChanGemiiChan Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Hmm. I mean I understand your viewpoint and concern - and I dont want to pretend like I have the answers or know the metrics - but I feel like most of the guilds will have ulterior motives when picking servers and will go where the biggest population is; KS or Summer packages wont be much of a worry or concern, especially when they will want to start finding the nodes and building them up as quickly as possible!

Again, relaying to my previous statement, wipes are going to be a constant thing in alpha/betas so during the head start, its probably the last thing people want to deal with.
    4Ts5BFf.gif
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    That makes sence xd it would surely piss many ppl off.
    I just hope 3 years into the future ppl wont be like 'oh yeah NA 1, thats the server where you find all the og players and cosmetics gathered'
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    There were will be a couple of NA, couple of EU and an OCE head start server.

800,000 Registered accounts. Less than 10,000 people have Headstart.

Plus, nodes aren't even turned on.

Head start was one of those ideas that sounded good on paper, and then in execution turned into a diaster.

They aren't planning on ever offering headstart again, so you'll see some issues at launch with guilds who have people with head start and without head start and what they do to best accommodate all their members.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
    jahlon wrote: »
    guilds who have people with head start and without head start and what they do to best accommodate all their members.
    So alot will depend on how guilds handle this :D one could only hope for the best then
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    shkevi wrote: »
    jahlon wrote: »
    guilds who have people with head start and without head start and what they do to best accommodate all their members.
    So alot will depend on how guilds handle this :D one could only hope for the best then

I would have been the only person in my guild with head start access. I would have played on Head start just to see what the final build looked like, but if 99.9% of my guild didn't have head start, we wouldn't have been on a Head Start server.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In head start I’m going to murder the hell out of some bunnies with my wooden sword.

Hhak63P.png
  • sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    edited April 2019
    Big guilds will always switch servers because they want to be the boss of the server. Every time a new server is added a big guild will move in to it. You will be at the mercy of big guilds forever unless you join one and become a jerk like them.

The corruption system is there to help solo players but it won't. It won't keep guilds from attacking your nodes and caravans as often as they can and making your game suck.
    fNX2ISa.png

• How about during the last day of head start there is a god war. With the gods laying waste to the land and other gods.

Then a week layover before game launch for the gods to rebuild and heal the land and for the Devs to make any last second changes to game play.
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The headstart is mainly in exp, and that is not something that one weeks with 3hours of sleep cant fix.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    thanks for the comments mates. all we can do is wait and see then :open_mouth:
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    The headstart is mainly in exp, and that is not something that one weeks with 3hours of sleep cant fix.

Sleep is for the weak
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »

My boss is already aware I will be taking a week off "soon".
    Aq0KG2f.png