Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

If every server is the same, is anything different?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Considering linking zones of influence will have multiple nodes and hopefully a variety of node types within it maybe one server has a Scientific where as another develops an Economic metropolis in the same set of node influences which will open up different options for the two different servers. These small changes will hopefully be enough to make servers be different from their fellow servers.

Yes the nodes are all going to be the same across each server, but their development will not always follow the same path.
  • Options
    I'm sure there will be plenty of instances where two of the same node on two separate servers will level up similarly and trigger the same event.

That said, with 103 nodes and huge competition to become one of the six Metropolises, it would be very unlikely to get servers that mirror each other to any large degree. The exact conditions for each event and how specific Intrepid chooses to make them will contribute largely to this as well.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Server diversity is one of the aspects of this game I look forward to. I haven’t played a game since Star Wars Galaxies that had servers that were significantly different. (SWG was a sandbox MMO, and I played on one of the few servers dominated by the Empire. Imp for life!)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Server diversity is one of the aspects of this game I look forward to. I haven’t played a game since Star Wars Galaxies that had servers that were significantly different. (SWG was a sandbox MMO, and I played on one of the few servers dominated by the Empire. Imp for life!)

I 100% agree.

Every MMO has different server cultures. Even different server events.

But rarely does the map actually change based solely on player actions.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tugowar wrote: »
    If every server is the same, is anything different?

yes

AhuZFn7.gif
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tugowar wrote: »
    So you are saying that there is a definite endgame then?

In the current scenario, a website like wow head is unavoidable. That is a shame. A more traditional RPG game with truly dynamic choices would have been nicer. This is just a PVP game, not a RPG.

Expansions will keep the content going hopefully, if Intrepid can supply enough then that's great