Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Do we know what the for sure crafting aesthetic?

cant put the whole thing in the title. Just enough to get the point across.
So my wiki skills are rusty and videos are long. If someone knows already do we know how the crafting aspect of the game works? Like is it actual custom aesthetic looks with materials gathered kind of like how DA inquisition did on the colors of the items or is it classic put amount of a into socket a get set look item seen across pretty much all games with this mechanic. I'd like to have different color leather gear without dying it. Would also go with the stat aspect. That guy has red leather so he's more resistant to fire ect ect.

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Crafting in Ashes of Creation is recipe based, not RNG based.

Within a crafting recipe, there are dials (based on artisan specialization) that are used customize crafted items, such as:
    Increasing one stat at the expense of another.
    Making an item more magical versus more physical.
    "I think Star Wars Galaxies had a great crafting system... The resource gathering and the crafting system altogether as a whole really was I think way beyond its time. That's kind of the direction we want to go, where there's choices to be made in the crafting system and those choices change what you end up with... It's not just about doing X recipe to get Y item. You know, there's actually thought involved in it and there is you know a market to be captured based on those decisions."

Recipes are found in the world, for the most part.

Drops from monsters.
    Completing quest lines.
    Becoming Mayor may unlock specific node-related recipes.
    Entwicklung within a social organization, such as the Thieves' guild or Scholar's academy.
    Killing a legendary boss.
    Gaining a title.
    By constructing certain buildings on a freehold.
    Based on status within a religious organization/church.
    Deconstructing/dissassembling rare item drops from bosses can yield recipes that can be used to replicate that item.
    There may be a royalty system where players can license recipes to other players for a certain amount of time and collect royalties.

https://de.ashesofcreation.wiki/Crafting
    a6XEiIf.gif