Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Hypersexual Armor

Comments

• Options
    dancerdancer Member
    edited April 2019
    Maybe they will use metal bikinis as weights for under water diving if under water activies are put in the game.

For those fishermen, they could be used as part of your bragging rights for the catch of the day or the one that got away.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    dancer wrote: »
    Maybe they will use metal bikinis as weights for under water diving it under water activies are put in the game.

a45.png
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Ultimately I would like to go into battle dressed however I choose. This is a fantasy game, there is no reason for it to follow the rules of the real world.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    I would love to see elegant outfits in ashes.

1c971b4fd14b0e462137da409a9d1bff.jpg
    King_Arthur_II_concept_art_4.jpg
    ka2b-600x273.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @nagash
    The mage outfit in the demo looked pretty elegant in my opinion^^

450px-Mage_belt.png

But to be honest? There is one outfit that looks better ;D

ux10a39tx39r.jpg

a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    @nagash
    The mage outfit in the demo looked pretty elegant in my opinion^^

450px-Mage_belt.png

But to be honest? There is one outfit that looks better ;D

ux10a39tx39r.jpg

is that a death mask......... MINE!
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    IbarumarkyIbarumarky Member
    edited April 2019
    With alternative look... it reminds me of the Legion of Farron,... the Abyss Watcher.... epic boss battle... love it!!

I can't wait to find a suitable look for my travels and dungeon visits.... fight with style and glory... atleast it shouldn't be a burden for me.. good look is not all

Do we have statson the equipment? And when what's the best game to compared it to?!

Best regards
    Ibarumarky
    - The Dark Wanderer -
  • Options
    PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Im a female and i do have to say i love showing some skin with the light armor and witchy stuff, but i do agree with heavy its impractical to bikini armor.

I would be extra upset if all the witch stuff was soo modest.

UNLESS!!!! The armor has a lore of being protected by ancient unicorns of the corn then I say i accept.
  • Options
    runestonerunestone Member
    edited April 2019
    If its skimpy its not armour and so should offer no protection. But:
    1. That doesnt mean classes built upon evasion and agility require armour anyway (quite the opposite).
    2. That doesnt mean male/female skimpy outfits dont have a time, place and purpose in game (other than combat).

So I am more and more adopting the maxim...theres a time and a place for everything. If Intrepid stick to that then I cant see them going far wrong.
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »

ka2b-600x273.jpg

Elegance is a great way to put it, graceful is another.
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't really want to go on hypotheticals, but I don't enjoy seeing it in high end gear like some of the asian mmos tend to do. I don't really care if it exists at all, I just don't want to see it every where because its THE high end gear and you're forced to wear it, regardless of your tastes.
  • Options
    Im a female and i do have to say i love showing some skin with the light armor and witchy stuff, but i do agree with heavy its impractical to bikini armor.

I would be extra upset if all the witch stuff was soo modest.

UNLESS!!!! The armor has a lore of being protected by ancient unicorns of the corn then I say i accept.

and this is how it should be really. if people want their character to wear it then that's fine^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In TERA Online you can run around in fully-protective plate armor that looks like this.

3fb9e1621ef16c2f5fccfd3915ad6d.jpg

I do not want that. Sorry, that's immersion-breaking. Luckily I don't think we'll have anything that stupid, except maybe the teddy bear mount.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Immersion breaking is an interesting argument for armor types in a fantasy game. I agree that swimsuit cosmetics are very immersion breaking, but I also find realistic medieval plate armor similarly immersion breaking albeit to a lesser degree. To me video games are a way to enter a different world, a world where gaudy unrealistic armor is normal and clothing and armor from the real world would be unusual.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    You know, when a creature strikes you with a paw that is 3 times your body size, thinking about wether that full plate offers more protection than a bikini armor isn't even on my list of, "does this work like that".
    Physics alone would suggest you will be sent flying, amongst other things, through sheer momentum and mass,
    you punny little human.
    tera-1.jpg

Im just always scratching my head when I see "real life practicallity" arguments. Do people actually believe that for games?

My 2 farts to the mandatory rehash of the topic while making myself unlikeable.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »
    In TERA Online you can run around in fully-protective plate armor that looks like this.

3fb9e1621ef16c2f5fccfd3915ad6d.jpg

I do not want that. Sorry, that's immersion-breaking. Luckily I don't think we'll have anything that stupid, except maybe the teddy bear mount.

I wouldn't mind seeing swimsuits in game if they were modeled in the nikua dwarves style or Something inspired by polynesian islander. That way it wouldn't look too out of place.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    It's the high heels :s High heels do not go with armor or swimsuits. Yes, Nikua could probably pull off swimwear.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    edited April 2019
    Yea i agree instead of heels maybe straw boots or sandals would be appropriate.
  • Options
    mozsta69mozsta69 Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Hypersex armour I dislike also..... I remember having a discussion with someone who was accusing Kingdom Come deliverance as sexist yet a free pass was given to the total objectification of women's bodies in most Japanese games.

Having said that I think the clothing whether they are skimpy or not should be cultural.
    Intrepid should define the cultures of the 8 races whether they are skimpy or conservative and both the men and women's armor in that culture should follow suit.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    mozsta69 wrote: »
    Having said that I think the clothing whether they are skimpy or not should be cultural.
    Intrepid should define the cultures of the 8 races whether they are skimpy or conservative and both the men and women's armor in that culture should follow suit.

That's an interesting thought, and one I haven't seen in most games. I like it.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    GodbrithilGodbrithil Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Alpha One
    BCGiant wrote: »
    Didn't Steven say there wont be any bikini armor? at least for plate?

Exactly! Screenshot_10.png
    unknown.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Autumnleaf wrote: »

ka2b-600x273.jpg

Like this?

f9f8b9e096b09f2e3e184f368aee230c.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options

ka2b-600x273.jpg

Like this?

Your image library is pretty big. Looks great.
  • Options

ka2b-600x273.jpg

Like this?

IDK, that's on the edge of what I think is a skimpy armour...
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    I love barbarian armor and generally think it works well in a fantasy universe.
    TLIELNR.jpg
    3kAMz0i.jpg

I think Shadiversity made some interesting arguments on this style of armor in a past video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iw_RD_h6bc
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    Lumbermark wrote: »

ka2b-600x273.jpg

Like this?

IDK, that's on the edge of what I think is a skimpy armour...

That's very far from skimpy, this is perfect to make it look very feminine while having a sexual flair to it without overdoing it. It only shows clevage and a bit of thighs.
  • Options
    Is it just me or did the mods work some voodoo on this thread to prevent it from jumping back up to the top when someone comments on it.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    SgllsTaklnDuxSgllsTaklnDux Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just make it skins. It has been revealed that seeing skins can be turned off
    Axiom-Guild-Signature-Sggls2.png
  • Options
    arzosah wrote: »
    Is it just me or did the mods work some voodoo on this thread to prevent it from jumping back up to the top when someone comments on it.

Hahahahahaha xD
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    It's the high heels :s High heels do not go with armor or swimsuits. Yes, Nikua could probably pull of swimwear.

The ducky floatation device too, that bugged me at least as much.

Hhak63P.png