Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder

What is beauty without death.

I am only inquiring an opinion of the individual and what they feel, so please feel free to be honest.

After the release of the game, do you possibly feel like you will be led down a certain path of progression or commitment? I only ask this because I think there will be hearts broken and pacts broken. I believe what Steven, Jeff and the rest of the team have done is beyond par of any other online game. Although I may have some inexperience I can't help but to be in anticipation for the game's release. So, do you think the guilds that are out there now will last forever, change names, die, or perhaps even align under one banner?

Please don't feel like you must answer for the guild, only your opinion. Discuss.

Comments

• Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some guild will rise some will fall and fail it is just the way of things. As much as anything it may depend on the guild culture as much as anything are they a multi-game guild or just forming for ashes. There is almost always guild drama where personalities clash and ashes will be no different.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I would suspect that most of the guilds here now won't consist of their current roster at release. I also think that if the guilds can't get into group content before release, a lot of them will close out before Ashes is released. I plan on playing the game out after release and getting a feel for my character before choosing a guild, or starting one.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    Some guilds will go, better ones will rise. I doubt there will be guilds that won't fall and rise, but some do last rather long!
    Poko.png
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Some guilds do last quite a long time if they have a good core of people and a good culture. Nocturnal is in its 20th year this year formed back in the beta for DAoC yet other guilds can rise and fall very quickly.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    edited April 2019
    Guilds with rise and fall like the waves.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited April 2019
    BEAUTY. IS. DEATH!
    (Spoken like a true battle bard! If you dont already know him, look at Jhinn from League of legends, he will be the inspiration for my Bard in AoC :D)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    we have already seen this happen and the game is not even out yet :D
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Some guilds will go, better ones will rise. I doubt there will be guilds that won't fall and rise, but some do last rather long!

And so let's call the guild Phoenix! It will rise and fall to rise up again... a never ending circle of death & life
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I have a small group of friends (not a guild, but we have a discord server) that I met way back at the start of this project on the Ashes discord channel. We have kept in touch and occasionally discuss the development of Ashes.

As for a structured guild, I think that unless they are already playing a different game together and plan to transfer to Ashes when it is released, they probably won't last long enough to be seen in the full game.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    I know its not much of a discussion, but I figured I triggering more of a response than a discussion, rather.

I guess I just want to make it more fun for the individuals who want to play the game and not get discouraged by the big bad guild leaders. To be frank, this early in the ball game, I think it makes for bad recruitment and sorry suggestions if your not supporting playing an MMO.

Apoc was a nice warm-up. I personally didn't play it. It coming back for good is something else entirely and thinking about it now, may be enjoyable to play. Great for testing and most likely easy enough to turn into a game mode itself. Will it take away from the original gameplay experience? A discussion when the time comes. I myself am a casual player I would say now since I have other responsibilities and would be an older generation of a "gamer." This new generation may want the fast gameplay experience of a battle royale mode. However I think they should put your actual MMO character in the royale rather than some cookie cutter. Because you're TAKING away from the game we want to ENJOY.

Casual rant out!
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    arzosah wrote: »
    Beauty is in the eye of the Beer Holder.

Beauty= Beer
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited April 2019
    Nagash wrote: »
    No joke. Early on I “joined” a guild that seemed to match my interests. They had a nifty web site already set up, with forums, etc. I registered on the forums, made a profile, got involved in discussions and plans for the game. Then the discussions faded away. Then the web site was no longer in existence. Now I’m not “joining” anything until release or just before, anything else is a waste of time.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Atama wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »
    No joke. Early on I “joined” a guild that seemed to match my interests. They had a nifty web site already set up, with forums, etc. I registered on the forums, made a profile, got involved in discussions and plans for the game. Then the discussions faded away. Then the web site was no longer in existence. Now I’m not “joining” anything until release or just before, anything else is a waste of time.

Plus the guild summit did not help
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They will all fall under my might. Other than that well a few guilds will probably go under, some may not be able to keep up others might have irl reasons, we have to wait and see since the game is not out yet.