Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

April 30th Livestream Follow Up

VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
So what are peoples opinions on the live stream? good bad indifferent? were there any highlights for you?

I enjoyed the Livestream the dev diary was good to see also the questions they pulled from chat were for the most part not repeats and I thought the info on how the rebuild of the backend was going for me was perhaps the best part. We may not be delayed as long as some have predicted, can but hope. Not to say there will be no more delays but today was quite positive IMO.

I am already looking forward to this month's live stream and what it might bring.
3KAqRIf.png
Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.

Comments

• Options
    BloodlessBloodless Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    I agree with Steven that they don't want to rush the launch of the game, but it does concern me when he mentioned more than once that they will keep pushing things back until they're ready. On one side, I completely understand and agree that Intrepid should do this, but on the other side, my heart is broken that I have to wait longer before release.
  • Options
    aird88 wrote: »
    I agree with Steven that they don't want to rush the launch of the game, but it does concern me when he mentioned more than once that they will keep pushing things back until they're ready. On one side, I completely understand and agree that Intrepid should do this, but on the other side, my heart is broken that I have to wait longer before release.

I 100% agree with you. I want the game now, to be honest just immerse myself in the world of Verra and it is disappointing when things get delayed. Development is fluid and there will be delays but at the end of the day they will get one shot at launch and they need to nail it. So we all sit and wait, occupy ourselves with other things until AOC is ready.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited May 2019
    I quite liked the start of the stream with the team following up on what has been done as well as the dev diary video - the building tool reminded me of Sims 4.

Other than that the livestream was as generic as ever and I really wish they would dedicate some streams to not having a Q&A included in it, but that might be for further down the line
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This stream was the worse imo :c
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    I guess the Q&A thing can get a bit old as it is a large part of every live stream but hopefully that may change as we get closer to alpha 1. Though I expect there will always be a Q&A component to live streams.
    3KAqRIf.png
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited May 2019
    Getting new information is always nice but I really miss seeing (concept) art and assets. The dev video really didn't show much at all.
  • Options
    T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The Q&A is much better when you can ask questions ahead of time. They should have posted the Dev Diary at least the day before if not sooner.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    elf wrote: »
    The Q&A is much better when you can ask questions ahead of time. They should have posted the Dev Diary at least the day before if not sooner.

agreed also don't just pick questions form content creators
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    grisu wrote: »
    Roadmap updates, next node blog, a video, community contest.
    I mean it wasn't announcing a community contest, but close enough right? Right?! 3 out of 4 woo

Highlight for me is the general approach they have to different things, yes they didn't outright say "We will have community contests with our tools.", but that they are even willing to think about it on the spot is just a nice vibe.
    I don't even watch those streams for news anymore, I just like to see them interact. The info we do get is just a bonus. (Combat and Class blogs soon please)
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I like that they push back content that they are not happy with/is not complete. It kind of relieves me that it won't turn out like NMS, Destiny or Anthem.
    As a side note I do think they cannot keep pushing it back indefinitely. Time is money and that money will run out some time.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
  • Options
    noemadnoemad Member
    aird88 wrote: »

I agree, I can't wait to play this game either, but after having been thru a few horrible launches in my day I'd rather have them wait until it's ready and do it right. Nothing is worse than being hyped for a game, taking the day off for launch, spending time on the forums with others eagerly awaiting launch while waiting for the game to go live. Then it goes live and you're constantly spamming the refresh button on the launcher until the "start" button ungreys only to find...instantly you're in an hours long queue, then the servers are down, then they're back up but now you're even farther back in the queue for some reason then the servers are down again. Finally you get in and you can't do a damn thing because the lag is so bad and the servers are still constantly going down. Then it's days before the game is actually stable enough to actually play.

I'm looking at you Age of Conan!!

Few games ever recover from a bad launch. Especially one as bad as Age of Conan had. Even more so when they launched without some of the key features they had promised. An entire world that was fully voiced never did happen and it was crushing to find that after you left the starter island the voicing mostly stopped.

I'd rather them take the time and do it right than go thru that again.
  • Options
    I have a army to paint so the more time ashes takes the more happy little skeletons i will have
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nagash wrote: »
    I have a army to paint so the more time ashes takes the more happy little skeletons i will have

2017-02-20T175406Z_1_LOP000IUESFQ8_RTRMADP_BASEIMAGE-960X540_SERBIA-BODYPAINTING-ILLUSION-770x470.jpg
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Karthos wrote: »
    Nagash wrote: »

2017-02-20T175406Z_1_LOP000IUESFQ8_RTRMADP_BASEIMAGE-960X540_SERBIA-BODYPAINTING-ILLUSION-770x470.jpg

tumblr_inline_nseuyfxt4G1qk8y5x_540.gif
    nJ0vUSm.gif