Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Cosmetic skin exchange

PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Salutations everyone

Soo just wanted to talk about the idea of what if some of us who have been buying cosmetics faithfully every month (cause we know this games gonna be our forever home 😁),

Comes to find out some of us don't like how the models are rendered or the type of restrictions each skin has for what it can go over?

As we get closer to th games release and start seeing how things will look in game, i feel like we should have an option for all concept art purchases to either receive embers equal to what the skin cost or exchange for a previous or present months skin.

(Or idea you get 1 exchange for a previous months cosmetic and anything else you didn't like you get embers back)

I understand that nobody made me buy it, but i want to buy it and support the game. Im all for in game credit cause im here to stay and im sure some people have thought about.

Comments

• Rem_Rem_ Member
    I think the ember exchange idea is great ^-^ That would be a great idea, they still have your money but you can repurchase something else that you like better~! Great suggestions! <3
    Poko.png
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I agree, I can see and Ember exchange, but likely not an exchange from a previous or another month.
    I do like the Ember idea though :smile:
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Exchanging of cosmetics would open up a whole bag of cats that would be more trouble than it is worth though the embers idea might fly.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • KriddonKriddon Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I do like that ember idea. Its much better than the harsh reality of hating how a skin looks in game and then never using it.
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea of a refund. Maybe a limited-time refund once the game releases and you get a chance to see what it actually looks like in-game. Because we've had no way to see that when making the purchase.

Exchange it for Embers, so that IS doesn't lose any money in the process, but customers still have a chance to get something else they actually like.

After a while past release (maybe 4 months?) you've had your chance and buyers' remorse is no longer an excuse.

Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2019
    Lets go with a direct skin exchange between players:
    I will give you one otter for one cursed charger! :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    would that not help gold farmers and traders?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the team should stick with maybe just a refund system. Being able to trade cosmetics that one has spent real money on is only going to enable gold sellers
  • JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Being able to access previously sold cosmetics? No
    Refund for any sort of real world money refund? No

Refund for an equitable amount of Embers? Sure

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Alpha SoulAlpha Soul Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I like the idea of a refund for an equitable amount of embers, but I believe there should be a time limit on this to prevent a person from simply swapping continuously for the flavor of the day.
  • T ElfT Elf Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I'd go for the ember reimbursement.
    eZC6mjP.gif
    Formerly T-Elf

• sylsyl Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Sure, being able to 'disassemble' them for an amount of Embers would be okay. Being able to trade them for another exclusive or non-exclusive skin would be a no from me.
    The disassembling of the skins would only be for the skins bought before the game released. At least that would be best in my opinion.
    forum_sig2.png
    Come take a look at ashesofcreation.wiki!
    Damokles wrote: »
    That’s the one thing that will never happen in a million years, because now you have Pay2Win.

I have a rare cursed charger that can’t be purchased from the store anymore. I paid $20 for it six months ago. If you trade me your otter skin that anyone can get now on the store, and separately give me a thousand gold pieces of in-game currency, I’ll trade you this charger skin for it.

Now my $20 of RL money got me in-game money I can use to improve all my gear. I guess IS wasn’t serious about their stance against P2W after all.

(This is why everything you buy with Embers is account-bound and will always be.)

Hhak63P.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Atama wrote: »
    That’s the one thing that will never happen in a million years, because now you have Pay2Win.

I have a rare cursed charger that can’t be purchased from the store anymore. I paid $20 for it six months ago. If you trade me your otter skin that anyone can get now on the store, and separately give me a thousand gold pieces of in-game currency, I’ll trade you this charger skin for it.

Now my $20 of RL money got me in-game money I can use to improve all my gear. I guess IS wasn’t serious about their stance against P2W after all.

(This is why everything you buy with Embers is account-bound and will always be.)

First: I never wrote anything about ember exchanging the hands. I said that it would be a better idea to trade the skins straight with each other (both wont be able to be bought ever again and in this case both cost 20$). It would be more like a trading card game :D
    And second: Maybe I should have wrote the BIG FAT IRONY AND SARCASM straight out in the post.
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Atama wrote: »

First: I never wrote anything about ember exchanging the hands.
    Neither did I. It’s not necessary for P2W to be feasible.
    And second: Maybe I should have wrote the BIG FAT IRONY AND SARCASM straight out in the post.
    I fully agree with you. This is a thread about sincere suggestions for those unhappy with skins from the store and someone could very easily mistake you for sincerity.

Hhak63P.png
  • AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    jahlon wrote: »
    Being able to access previously sold cosmetics? No
    Refund for any sort of real world money refund? No

Refund for an equitable amount of Embers? Sure

I definitely agree on that
  • sivannasivanna Member, Pioneer, Kickstarter
    If there was an ember exchange, I would actually be purchasing cosmetics...SO many! The biggest reason I have skipped them is for those exact problems. I don't want to pay 25-50 for something that turns out will look horrible on my character and I'm stuck with it! I hope once the game releases there will be a preview/dressing room for outfits and mounts.
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Im glad to here that i wasent the only one feeling that way about the subject. I think an even exchange of embers fits the bill right with a limited time frame so its fair and not havoc.
    I also agree that there shouldn't be any p2w aspects of these transactions and i can live with not being able to exchange for a previous months soo its not chaos for them.

This is what im picking up from everyones comments as well. Maybe this is something to ask the Devs on their next live stream or something for discussion later on.
  • I would also be fine with an ember exchange for unwanted cosmetics. Anything more than that I don't think should be in the game.

• VolgaireVolgaire Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The ember exchange seems most realistic to me to be honest. Great idea.
  • PinkberryPinkberry Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So I'm bringing this topic back up cause I think its important, Was this ever addressed officially by anyone since I last poked my head back in. (Ready to come out from lurking again lol with alpha around the corner)

The topic of exchanging cosmetics we bought in the past for embers when we see the final product is important to discuss. I feel as though as systems are being developed we really don't understand what all the cosmetics are used for and we just have a general idea of what they could be for.

The description of what the skin is and does and most important when can we use it since we bought it, is just flavor text. It doesn't do well to explain the purpose of the cosmetic skin especially the buildings and mounts.

I will always support Ashes as the next big thing, that's why I think no one would complain about receiving embers back if the in game model they finally see wants to their liking. once everything has a in-game render I think all sales on those are fair to say final.

Thank you for listening to my opinion and I do understand it is up to the company.
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Nope, they have been working on other things.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg