Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

tulnar Questions

ashoneashone Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Will claws be an option? If yes can the claws be used as a weapon? And those tails! Will some of them be prehensile?

Comments

• Options
    We know almost nothing about any of the races except very bare bones lore. We won't know anything about racial bonuses until the alpha and even then things will be subject to change until actual release.

We do know that each race will have some abilities that can be added to skills to change them up a bit, just like your secondary class can add morphs, as well as other in game things, but we don't know the extent of racial bonuses.

• Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    Well, we know augments to your abilities can come from your race among many other things. So, I guess it's technically possible for some of the bestial elements to be incorporated into attacks. However, we really don't know at this point. I personally doubt we'd see intricate tail use outside of aesthetics.
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    I hope so~! I hope they will have TONS of customization, if they're going to be breathing life back into the MMORPG genre and trying to get people tr recognize it again then I hope they'll get little details like that right.
    Poko.png
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Claws have not been mentioned anywhere as being a weapon for the Tulnar.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We know they'll have tails because the silhouettes have tails.

It looks like they'll have claws too.

As to whether they'll work as weapons...

580b585b2edbce24c47b29f5.png

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I don't know if any fist type weapons are in the game
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Rem_Rem_ Member
    @Nagash I hope they'll have them~! n.n I'd want to see tons of weapon types, I'd rather have a fist weapon instead of 3 types of swords >.>
    Poko.png
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »

Of course not in APOC so far.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Atama wrote: »

I meant the MMO
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options

I meant the MMO

Wait, there’s an MMO?

;)

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Ashone wrote: »
    Will claws be an option? If yes can the claws be used as a weapon? And those tails! Will some of them be prehensile?

Like some people already mentioned, maybe there won't be option to use tails and claws as permanent weapons, but maybe there could be some racial combat abilities or augments, which utilize tail and claws.
    Do you need a ride to the Underworld?
  • Options

I meant the MMO

Wait, there’s an MMO?

;)

Well played sir. well played
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One

The early concept silhouettes have been disavowed long ago as being indicative of the final state of the Tulnar for options. Some of them were said to be made into boss concepts now. @jahlon will probably have a citation, but as far as I know there is no confirmation of tails or claws (beyond cosmetic) either for mammalian or reptile sliders on Tulnar.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options

The early concept silhouettes have been disavowed long ago as being indicative of the final state of the Tulnar for options. Some of them were said to be made into boss concepts now. @jahlon will probably have a citation, but as far as I know there is no confirmation of tails or claws (beyond cosmetic) either for mammalian or reptile sliders on Tulnar.
    Damn, I got USEd!

Hhak63P.png