Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Rangers Welcome

bdoellebdoelle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
Howdy!

I wanted to create a thread to have Rangers unite and share discussion topics/ideas. My plan is to be a Beastmaster and try to tame every creature possible in the game. I know that the Ranger will have a lot of versatility and was curious if anyone was going to play a different style of Ranger? Who is interested in PvP and PvE? What do you feel like the Ranger role will be within the PvP and PvE elements? Discuss!!

(i also really hope to be able to ride/mount big pets you have)

-Doellemite
Doellemite, Master of Beasts, Leader of Defiance

Comments

• Options
    burnthefernburnthefern Member, Settler, Alpha One
    I am VERY curious as to what the soulbow will have as its playstyle and ability kit. I'm somewhere between soulbow and protector right now, but my ideal play style would be doing leech damage with a bow that would heal allies. With the way the augment system has been described so far, it seems like it's more of a protector thing. As for rangers role in PvP, I can see them being great defensive classes. Between their range, laying traps, and the usual sustained dps role of rangers in mmos, I can see them being essential to holding any sort of fortification. In PvE I assume they'll be a form of sustained ranged dps. Probably with some CC abilities. I'm thinking like rope traps that snare enemies.
  • Options
    bdoellebdoelle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I am VERY curious as to what the soulbow will have as its playstyle and ability kit. I'm somewhere between soulbow and protector right now, but my ideal play style would be doing leech damage with a bow that would heal allies. With the way the augment system has been described so far, it seems like it's more of a protector thing. As for rangers role in PvP, I can see them being great defensive classes. Between their range, laying traps, and the usual sustained dps role of rangers in mmos, I can see them being essential to holding any sort of fortification. In PvE I assume they'll be a form of sustained ranged dps. Probably with some CC abilities. I'm thinking like rope traps that snare enemies.

The leech idea would be amazing! I am also looking forward to the amount of utility they bring to the table with traps/pets/healing and things like that. I wonder how much damage we could dish out as well! But would it cost utility? We shall find out.
    Doellemite, Master of Beasts, Leader of Defiance
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rangers unite ! >:)
    I want to play a evasive/dodging build with 1 strong summon who chips away at a enemy's health, While i kite around with a ranged weapon landing some unexpected shots. Wichever class this will be i dont know. Could be Falconer or Beastmaster :D
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&