Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Un-Official Verra Monster Book

2»

Comments

• Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited June 2019
    Name: Dorvuncoro nightmare
    Clasification: Beast
    Higth: 7 mts long 3 mts tall
    Disposition: Hostile
    Habitat: Dorvuncoro Jungle
    The natives of the jungle often speak about an evil being that roams their land lurking for flesh and spirit alike, the beast is even revered as a god of the wild and from time to time the people of several villages leave some meat tribute in altars, way in the deep, believing that this will prevent the so called Dorvuncoro nightmare to attack due to hunger, few have seen the beast face to face and lived to tell the story, but I managed to track the sights to one retired adventurer who claim to be one of such survivors.
    "Aye, a terrible sight indeed, but here's something interesting i can tell you, that monster has some way to paralyze you...with fear...it has this...lights on his head, that you cannot help but stare, its like some type of hypnosis, i myself managed to escape using all my will power to stab mi rigth side and start running"
    It is believed by some that this beast is able to use some type of illusion using the natural light produced by the appendices over its head and that this illusion aims to produce fear in the victims mind, the few warriors of the villages who have gone hunting this living terror advise against trying it alone.
    Curiously enough, the test to become "The Shadow" (the Dorvuncoran champion) its exactly that, hunt the nightmare alone and bring one of its "lights", this will become the central piece in an amulet representing the warrior's triumph over his or hers fears.
    426722-Kycb.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2019
    Name: The Arglesian Thunderlizard
    Classification: Beast
    Height: 3m
    Length: 10m
    Disposition: Neutral/Territorial
    Habitat: Mountain Passes, Caverns and Subterranean Tulnar Habitats
    The, by the returning Verrans named, Arglesian Thunderlizard are in actuallity the last remaining descendants of this species, and only have their overall bodyshape and the ability to generate electrizity in specialized organs in common with their ancestors.
    After the cataclysm, a small number of the Thunderlizard population saved itself in the remote mountain passes and subterranean caves of the Tormatean Mountainrange.
    After eons, their descendants evolved and specialized themselves to hunt in the constant gloom and slim tunnels of the underrealm.
    They are one of the Apex predators in the Underrealm, they stun their victims with a sudden electric charge and then inject a fast acting numbing poison. This combination is most of the time a death verdict and they should be handled with care.
    Dewback_NEGAS-1.jpg?width=200&height=200&crop=1:1,smart
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    Name: Lilotton
    Clasification: Critter
    Higth: 30-45 cm long
    Disposition: Friendly (tamable)
    Habitat: Farms, forest and plains
    One of the most common sees in Verra is that of lilottons running and jumping, these little and cute creatures are easily scared and can run very fast once they spot a predator or something catch their attention, there are farms that specialize in their breeding, since their fur is a very good material for common clothes and their meat is sweet and soft, they also serve as companions to some adventurers, specially those who hunt beasts, their good hearing and sight its a perfect match with a hunter ability to track animals.
    There has been stories that once in a while a rare black breed of lilotton has been seen in the wilds, some talk about a history of a king that willingly yielded his castle in exchange a special dish prepared with a black lilloton's meat.
    3ba0ae0167b57a188705e00f44db47e5.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Name: Magnas

Classification: Corrupted being

Height: 4 meters tall

Habitat: Deep sources of corruption

Though many raids have been attempted to pierce the heart of the corrupted lands most end in tragedy and with no survivors. There have been very few cases where these raiding parties have returned, yet when they do return they do they speak of horrifying beings beyond comrehention. of these monsters, none are as chilling as the Magnas

Sk5z7FE.jpg

nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    Gods be damned @nagash :sweat_smile:
    I come here with a little bunny like creature and then you go and post a goat skull headed-eldritch-horror from hell xD hahahaha
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    you know what im all about ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmosquitosquadbhamso.files.wordpress.com%2F2014%2F04%2Fmosquito-squad-of-greater-birmingham-shows-a-mosquito-feeding-on-a-plant.jpg&f=1

The fiercest foes aren't just monsters they're the pests that cause plagues!
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »
    Name: Magnas

Classification: Corrupted being

Height: 4 meters tall

Habitat: Deep sources of corruption

Though many raids have been attempted to pierce the heart of the corrupted lands most end in tragedy and with no survivors. There have been very few cases where these raiding parties have returned, yet when they do return they do they speak of horrifying beings beyond comrehention. of these monsters, none are as chilling as the Magnas

Sk5z7FE.jpg

These type of monsters, should be for the latest levels in awsome zones.
  • Options
    Name: The Jade Sea Watcher
    Classification: Mechanical Warden
    Height: 2m
    Disposition: Aggressive/highly territorial
    Habitat: Coastal area of the Jade Sea and the Jade Sea Metropolis Ruin

Even though these beings may look like humanoid living and breathing creatures, they are in fact lifelike replicas of their ancient forerunners. Mechanical bodies inhabited by the spirits of fallen Watchers.
    They once held the line against the corruption, but with the fall of the Jade Sea Metropolis, these once honorable warriors, became corrupted and now attack everything that breaks their line of sight.

czg9gM4.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Name: Bone collector

Classification: Undead

Height: 3/4 meters tall

Habitat: Battlegrounds and ruins

It crawled out of a nearby graveyard. This construct of bone and dead things tore up the earth to hoard the bones of the fallen. The Bone Collector scuttled onto our battlefield, drawn to the dying. Trundling over all obstacles, taking no sides, it gathered both elf and orc corpses. The jumbled mountain bones grew in strength and power. I had no choice but to order my orc battalions to attack it. Remarkably, the elves did the same. Our archers did little - for how effective is an arrow against a pile of bones?

What do you think happens to the leftovers after a battle? if enough time is given these undead will form and start to strip the lands clean, adding to themselves.

y3ILHtz.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    edited August 2019
    Name: Clan Blood-Thorn
    Classification: Roaming Horde
    Height: 2-3m
    Disposition: highly aggressive
    Habitat: roaming mountains and plains

The Blood-Thorn Clan was banished from the underground Tulnar empire, after they didnt stop the attrocious act of cannibalizing their dead.
    Once a plague of the underground and a thorn in the side of the Tulnar authorities, the Blood-Thorns now roam the upper realms and endanger any civilization attempt that they come across.
    They **** and pilage everything they come upon. It is recommended to evacuate any settlement under city level if an impending invasion is the case.
    Nearly all racial authorities have issued a bounty on every killed member of the Blood-Thorn Clan.

bPTugu8.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    damokles wrote: »
    Name: Clan Blood-Thorn
    Classification: Roaming Horde
    Height: 2-3m
    Disposition: highly aggressive
    Habitat: roaming mountains and plains

The Blood-Thorn Clan was banished from the underground Tulnar empire, after they didnt stop the attrocious act of cannibalizing their dead.
    Once a plague of the underground and a thorn in the Tulnar authorities side, the Blood-Thorns now roam the upper realms and endanger any civilization attempt that they come accros.
    They **** and pilage everything they

bPTugu8.png

the brayherd marches
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited August 2019
    Name: Mokoe (Mokele-Napoe)

Classification: Spirit/Avatar/Natural Construct

Height: 3 - 5 mts

Habitat: Forest, Swamps And Jungles (the ones that can be considered ancient)

Among the Py'Rai, the Niküa and the Tulnar there´s a lullaby to teach the children not to disrupt the natural balance of a sacred place, specially if it has grown around a tall, old, ancient tree.

Go play little one
    Nothing to fear
    But careful little one
    The spirits are near

A bad man who thought
    the wild he can rule
    suddenly he discover
    that was not the truth

He scorched and hunted
    and shouted and cursed
    Never realizing
    Something was watching

For his life running
    suddenly he was
    Fearing insects
    Animals and plants

Forever lost
    Never again seen
    The forest takes toll
    in blood, bones and screams

aa0b05464fead785a83c94260a6d60de.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    edited September 2019
    Name: Bone Watcher

Classification: Spirit/Undead

Height: 2 - 2.5 mts tall

Habitat: Graveyards (specially abandoned ones or specific old areas / mausoleums that no ones take care of)

To honor the ancestors is a practice that has become more and more forgotten among the newest generations, only thinking about adventures and glory, the memories of where they came from fading away with each night that passes, not to mention the increasing number of nameless soldiers and peasants that are buried in common pits after each battle, plague or natural disaster.
    The bone watches seems to be the materialization of the great spiritual energy that remains in this places, unable to achieve the eternal slumber or to come back to our world in the form of a new soul.
    To the untrained eye, this monsters are only abominations that must be eliminated, for they are a treat to the people of the nearest village, but the trained clerics know that one must feel sorry for this undead entity, cause inside them the consciousness of every man, woman and child is looking only for an end to their eternal sadness.
    Sometimes, even if its something to be ashamed of, the various churches of the gods have designated areas far away from the nearest human settlement to bury the bodies of someone without family, last name or any kind of past, this sites have become known has "Sorrowful Hunting Grounds" and they serve two purposes:
    First these is where clerics have to face the Trial of Tears, one of the three main trial so they can get the Vicar Title, the Bone Watchers are not like any other enemy, not only they posses extraordinary physical attacks but their ability to use a person sadness against them is equally terrifying .
    Second, each time a cleric is able to defeat a Bone Watcher all the souls that where gathered inside it are set free so they can travel to the next step in their paths.

17d5380fa1660d4cad6d73881355d579.jpg

a68fb4c0e0d9fc0f90f39785448146ea.jpg

19545f42fb80049c02528ec2d7f60f99.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    and images saved ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Name: Manaphage

Classification: Parasite

Height: 1.8 - 2 m long

Disposition: Neutral/Tamable

Habitat: Under Realm

One of the strangest, yet more practical discoveries of the Verran Ecological Society is the Manaphage, sometimes called manaeater, these curious creatures with the ability to float around in a very slow phase, remained under a veil of mystery until the Archbibliotecarian Krausten Eerraly became the first one to establish a bond with one during an expedition to the under realm:

"I was looking for samples of the local flora when suddenly I felt that my magical energy was going out of my body, without me noticing it, some tentacles began to wrap around my shoulders, of course my first instinct was to turn around and start a fight using some of my battle magic, the creature keep coming at me even when I threw fireballs, lighting bolts and arcane missiles to it, i was starting to end my mana reservoirs when I fall from a low cliff inside the cave, it was just three or four meters down but, to my bad luck, I come to fall directly onto my only weapon, a little dagger I unsheathed preparing to face the monster in a last attempt to defend myself, even if that was not a mortal injury, it was enough to make a large wound on the rigth side of my abdomen, preparing for my inevitable doom, I closed my eyes just begging that this thing has a quick and painless way to kill, when all of a sudden i felt the tentacles touching my hands in a very soft way, someway the manaphage was trying to reach my wound, it wasn't trying hard enough to even feel uncomfortable, so against all reason i moved my hands and let the creature do whatever it wanted to do, when a light between blue and green started to glow from those appendices and the blood stopped i was shocked..."

The manaphage is an extremely valuable partner for every magic user, in exchange of consuming mana directly from the mage or from their spells the animal will heal the user from minor to severe wounds depending on how much mana the creature is capable of drain and store in a certain period of time, the use of this symbiosis relationship is limited tho, since if the user has very low mana capabilities and is matched with a full grown animal the results could be catastrophic.
    8f5cbee85eeda3417cca22e5ec407fb5.jpg
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Name: The Kirkadassian Viper
    Classification: amphibious reptile
    Height: 20m Width: 20m Length: 300m
    Disposition: extremely territorial, avoid at all cost!
    Habitat: Oceans, coastal areas and deep swamps

The Kirkadassian Viper is one of the most dangerous oceanic apex predators. First discovered in the Sunset Sea off the coast of Kirkadassia. The K.V. is known to be born from 3m tall eggs, and develops in the timespan of 3 weeks into its mature form. It is also known that each adult creature can live as long as 8 decades, the oldest known representative of the species is the "White Terror", who inhabits the eastern coast of Arcadaria. The kirkadassian Viper preys most of the time on multiple mega fauna deep under water, but is also known to destroy ships to eat their crew.

30dOxNq.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Name: Urgo-Mobulo
    Classification: Crustacean
    Height: 2m
    Disposition: herdmentality, passive most of the time
    Habitat: Swamps

The Urgo-Mobulo, scientifically known as the Tardarian Devourer, is the main producer of meat and chitin along the oceanic coast for many villages. Even though they seem ferocious, the original Urgo-Mobulo was one of the first species to be domesticated by the Niküa. Current members of this race were sadly heavily corrupted and only new stock from Sanctus is domesticated. the urgo-Mobulo shed their chitin plates once a year.

large-1490641725-jerad-marantz_feature.jpg?1490641725
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Name: The Illusory Craven
    Classification: Bird of Prey
    Height: 1m(illusion), 0.1m(actual)
    Disposition: friendly(domesticated), aggressive(non domesticated)
    Habitat: Cities, Mountainranges

The Illusory Craven is also often called a Mages best friend. They fly extremely fast and make excellent messenger birds. They earned their name by the passively cast illusion surrounding their actual body, creating the image of an imposing spectral bird, while the actual specimen is actually tiny. They have extremely sharp talons and beaks, so beware angering any wild Cravens, they often hunt in flocks!
    It is pretty easy to domesticate an Illusory Craven. You have to find one of their nests high in the mountains and loot it for their egg. Once the hatchling escapes its eggy confinement, it will imprint on the first person it sees.

5f05277b305508780960e10248a0b562.png
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited December 2019
    Name: Amayori

Classification: Aquatic

Height: 1.5- 2m tall

Disposition: unknown

Habitat: Ocean

Since the fall of civilization, these creatures have faded out of memory. Without ships passing through for ages now, the species was able to evolve seemingly unnoticed and without hindrance. Primarily female and able to control strange magics.

Since the return of people to VERRA, there has been a rumor of beautiful women emerging from the sea and into nearby towns seemingly abducting men and having their way with them. After these encounters, the men are thrown into fits of insanity. Local officials continue to investigate.

They are extremely territorial and all merchants have been warned of their kill on sight nature.

There are extremely rare deposits of minerals and natural gems that grow around their settlements. This wealth has been far too tempting to be ignored by treasure hunters and pirates. Countless wreckage sights scatter the ocean floor with tales of adventurers never being seen again.

The Nikua tribes so far are the only race able to communicate and trade with these strange creatures. So much that each race has sent a delegate to try to open negotiations.

[img][/img]Wkli4CL.jpg
  • Options
    Love seeing new creatures in the forum bestiary
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Name: Crystal mimic

Classification: Inscet
    Height: 1-meter tall

Disposition: Defensive

Habitat: Deep caves or Mines

With the return to Verra, many prospectors and alchemists when out into the wider world to find new and exotic metals and gems to bring back to the cities. After such a trip, a group of dwarven miners found an underground crystal vein and started operations to unearth the valuable gems. However, the dwarfs had instead wandered into a nest of Crystal mimic.

Crystal mimic are short, insect-like creatures born as worms that consume rocks and gems for nutrients and use them to grow. In the later stages of life, the mimic will grow long spindle legs and a crystal carapace as protection the this has lead to some miners mistaking them from mining nodes. Tho they are passive creatures, they will attack on swarm if something enters their hive

fwh2kqbcgng61.png?width=2560&format=png&auto=webp&s=98540afc1c6784bf092b5b6633361e92e4d92bb0
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    Damokles wrote: »
    extremely territorial, avoid at all cost!

No shit dude, I go say hi to him maybe.