Magic rings in Ashes of Creation

I'm a bit lazy to rewrite the whole thing so I'll post screenshots of my discord discussion.

Screen_Shot_2019-05-19_at_20.58.20.png


Screen_Shot_2019-05-19_at_20.58.46.png
signature.png

Comments

  • beardobeardo Member
    I stand by my Ring of the Rings.. It takes up the ring slot but when equipped you can wear one extra ring..
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    beardo wrote: »
    I stand by my Ring of the Rings.. It takes up the ring slot but when equipped you can wear one extra ring..

    @beardo well it's something. Tho I expect a little bit more creative rings 😅
    signature.png
  • RavudhaRavudha Member
    I'm sure there'll be rings with some of these effects - 100% do not want to see a ring of freedom or its equivalent; accessories like that tend to end up being BIS/mandatory PvP items.
  • There would be rings and I really think they're gonna be magical, it's almost mandatory that a ring piece of equipment gives some kind of magic bonuses , really rare the case when they do something else, like giving armor , but at certain point I feel that magic rings should be something special, a very unique type of item...
    ualpdob62df.png

  • DamoklesDamokles Member
    Make jewelcrafting great again!
    uQHKizC.gif
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    Damokles wrote: »
    Make jewelcrafting great again!

    @damokles I don't know if it was ever great but enchanting and augmenting them in some way would be great :)
    signature.png
  • WololoWololo Member, Leader of Men
    intresting idea. would be nice if there is a light glow around the hand so you can reconise the sort of ring someone is wearing and get a idea of what kind of build someone might be running. adding to skill in pvp
    Wololo.png
  • KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds
    edited May 21
    What if AoC had a school for wizards and in that school there was a kid named Barry Kotter. Berry was special because the evil Count Moldimort killed his parents and left him with a scar on his face somewhere.

    Barry gets into adventures with his two friends Don Webbley and Hortensia Franger, with the help of the school Principal, Mr Blunderstore.

    He could have a blonde arch enemy named Dragon Badly who tattles on him to his mom's former boyfriend/teacher Mr Scrape.

    Oh and this all takes place in someplace they'd have accents.

    That's a cool original idea I think.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • DamoklesDamokles Member
    edited May 21
    Well we do know that we will need lighting in caves etc (the gameplay video where they showcase the female mage, this could already not be the case anymore, which would make me very sad tbh), it would be nice to have magical rings that can summon a fairy light for a certain duration.

    Other ring Ideas:

    Shiny Ring (Rare):
    Use: Blind enemies infront of you for 5sec (the blind is broken by damage or other cc)
    "Oh, so shiny!"

    Ring of the Iron Body (Uncommon):
    Use: Increase your characters defense times x.

    Ring of the Wild (Rare):
    Increased movement in woods, jungles and on grasslands by 5%. Plantoid creatures are neutral to you.

    Ring of the Primal Predator (Epic):
    Use: Sense for invisible foes in a 15m radius around you. All enemies around you are marked by a "Primeval Fear" debuff. "Primeval Fear" increases damage done to their target by 5% for the duration of the debuff.

    Ring of the Deep Dark (Epic):
    Gives the wearer darksight, enabling them to see in the dark and makes them invulnerable to blinding effects.
    uQHKizC.gif
  • leonerdoleonerdo Member, Settler
    I think some of these would be cool ideas for Legendary rings. The same kind of "legendary" they've talked about, meaning literally one-of-a-kind on a server. It would be neat to see extremely potent but extremely limited/specific effects on a few Legendary rings. I wouldn't even mind if they were blatantly overpowered as long as they can be lost or stolen, via death or some kind of dev ex machina.

    I feel obligated to suggest another example: Perhaps a ring that let's you take control of any single beast in the game. Maybe to balance it, the beast could turn against you (with permanent aggro) after a set amount of time. The strong the thrall you take, the more dangerous the inevitable betrayal will be.
  • Magic ManMagic Man Member
    leonerdo wrote: »
    I think some of these would be cool ideas for Legendary rings. The same kind of "legendary" they've talked about, meaning literally one-of-a-kind on a server. It would be neat to see extremely potent but extremely limited/specific effects on a few Legendary rings. I wouldn't even mind if they were blatantly overpowered as long as they can be lost or stolen, via death or some kind of dev ex machina.

    I feel obligated to suggest another example: Perhaps a ring that let's you take control of any single beast in the game. Maybe to balance it, the beast could turn against you (with permanent aggro) after a set amount of time. The strong the thrall you take, the more dangerous the inevitable betrayal will be.

    Damokles wrote: »
    Well we do know that we will need lighting in caves etc (the gameplay video where they showcase the female mage, this could already not be the case anymore, which would make me very sad tbh), it would be nice to have magical rings that can summon a fairy light for a certain duration.

    Other ring Ideas:

    Shiny Ring (Rare):
    Use: Blind enemies infront of you for 5sec (the blind is broken by damage or other cc)
    "Oh, so shiny!"

    Ring of the Iron Body (Uncommon):
    Use: Increase your characters defense times x.

    Ring of the Wild (Rare):
    Increased movement in woods, jungles and on grasslands by 5%. Plantoid creatures are neutral to you.

    Ring of the Primal Predator (Epic):
    Use: Sense for invisible foes in a 15m radius around you. All enemies around you are marked by a "Primeval Fear" debuff. "Primeval Fear" increases damage done to their target by 5% for the duration of the debuff.

    Ring of the Deep Dark (Epic):
    Gives the wearer darksight, enabling them to see in the dark and makes them invulnerable to blinding effects.

    Both great ideas :smile:
    signature.png
  • rohkairohkai Member, Braver of Worlds
    Ring of the Member: Redirects blood flow resulting in lower intelligence, but increases stamina. -10 Int +5 Stam
  • auraticusauraticus Member
    Ring of Mutts
    You smell like a wet dog, but your stench might drive away unwanted guests?
    A pair of introverts is called an "Awkward".
    A group of introverts is called an "Angst".
  • AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds
    Ring of Fire:

    Gives any bard a major bonus when performing music but tints all of your armor black while it’s worn.
    U752vHP.png
Sign In or Register to comment.