Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Benefits of Node Leadership?

What are the incentives to lead a node? I'm sure they're stated somewhere, but all I've seen is how much of a job it seems like to run a castle. Is this job only for people who think its fun to feel like leaders? What if there aren't enough of those people and we end up lacking in leadership? I'd rather run around hunting down red players than sit around deciding the taxes to impose on people and worrying about an incoming siege, and I'm sure most people feel the way I do.

Comments

• Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There might be minor financial advantages and ofcource the ability to decide wich buildings get placed and a chance for flying mount if the node levels high enough. If you lead a node so to say, you can offer alot of power to your guild in these ways. But in general people like to lead just to stand out from the croud and there won't be a lack of leaders for sure.
    Signature-member.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The biggest advantage is that majors are able to ride flying mounts!
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    damokles wrote: »
    The biggest advantage is that majors are able to ride flying mounts!

Is this real?
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The main benefit is access to flying mounts (supposedly) and the ability to choose the name of your node. It does bring up an important question though. What happens if nobody wants to be a node Mayer? Can a level 3+ node exist without a Mayer?
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @gwydeon
    Yes it is real. Flying mounts will mostly only be available to Kings/Queens of the big castles and majors of higher nodes. If you do manage to recieve a dragons egg for example and manage to hatch it as a normal player, then that dragon will be yours efor a specific time period but then leve i think.
    The reason given by IS is that they will be so strong ingame that they cant implement them on a bigger scale, ehich i find reasonable tbh xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Political augment progression. So access to otherwise locked augments. As a mayor specifically the flying mount. Well you can direct where your node and the whole region and server goes. I would call that a benefit too. Making sure your stake in the node and your investment is well protected.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Flying mounts are limited to 10 server wide not counting extremely rare time limited until death egg drops. The 5 mayors of Metro level nodes (lvl6) and the 5 guild leaders of castles. There is no sharing of mounts. Those lucky enough to find eggs have to use them from a Royal Stables (Metro level build), so don't think those that exist outside the regular system will just be using them at a whim. The flying mounts have a maximum use timer, so a Mayor will be able to get some distance from their node, but they won't just be flying all over the world all day, every day.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    PurityPurity Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    So theres this thing about hippogryphs that can be breed through animal husbandry.
    Those mounts have wings. Will they also be able to fly (albiet for a short period of time), or will they just glide.

PROJECT ANVIL - Forge Your Legacy [OCE/Hardcore/PvX]
      Recruitment Status: Open
    • Options
      AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
      We have been told the only true fliers will be granted to Kings/Queens/Mayors, unless found as a rare drop. This indicates all other winged creatures will be gliders. There is a KS/SB skin for mounts that has wings, it will be a glider.
      57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
      +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
    • Options
      unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
      rokenroleg wrote: »
      So theres this thing about hippogryphs that can be breed through animal husbandry.
      Those mounts have wings. Will they also be able to fly (albiet for a short period of time), or will they just glide.

1afc1b6bbf1a242cf774f989b88dbfa8.png
      south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg