Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Flashiness

Think there ought to be a dial in the game were you able to control the parts per million of the the particles effects. If you make the game to flashy then the flashines becomes redundant. Kind of listentning to the same really good song over and over again. This way the player has control how flashy it is. In default settings game should not be flashy all the time. So abiliteis with low cool downs should not be flashy just gets boring after a while.

By the way other games already have this feature in game. Works really well.

Would be really cool if we could control the parts per million per ability and debuffs on toon to see when they are debuffed more clearly really useful in pvp.

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Good thing they already said they are going to allow players to have control over how flashy the game is.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    GIVE ME ALL THE BLING BLING!
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf41b626b67324373222e10&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf41b6c535a654955d6c131&rid=giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Oh man, as long as our skills stand out and not our weapons/armor. I absolutely HATE the stupid amount of particle effects on gear, especially when they come from the Cash Shop; feels like they're selling glitter on the cash shop. :|
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    BoomBoom Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm building a new PC as soon as Zen 3 comes out JUST for AoC. I want ALL the sparkles!
    Where words fail, music speaks.” ― Hans Christian Andersen
  • Options
    Jahlon wrote: »
    Good thing they already said they are going to allow players to have control over how flashy the game is.

Do you remember where you read/heard this? I would like to read/watch the context of it.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Damokles wrote: »
    GIVE ME ALL THE BLING BLING!
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf41b626b67324373222e10&rid=giphy.gif
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cf41b6c535a654955d6c131&rid=giphy.gif

tenor.gif?itemid=7399681
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    lunarskylunarsky Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rhaelah wrote: »
    Jahlon wrote: »

Do you remember where you read/heard this? I would like to read/watch the context of it.

@Rhaelah

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Performance#cite_note-game_system.jpg-4

It's been said several times but the wiki quotes Steven in discord.
    signature.png