Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

With augmentation from a secondary archetype do we get to select 1-3 abilities?

If not I just want to suggest it.

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    You get no abilities from your secondary.

It is designed that way
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How much abilities would be augmented by the 2nd archetype tho? I dont think we have any info on that yet :#
    Signature-member.gif
  • Options
    shkevi wrote: »
    How much abilities would be augmented by the 2nd archetype tho? I dont think we have any info on that yet :#

We have barely enough to fill a thimble

hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    LyiatLyiat Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Best guess I can provide, and it is a guess, is that your secondary class will provide a selection of augments, not a single one. You will be able to slot those augments into different skills to modify them. This system makes sense as you'll also be getting augments based on race, society, and religion.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Maybe if I go Tank/Ranger, I can summon a woodland animal like a badger and use it as a shield. Imagine shield-bashing with a badger. It’s gonna be pissed and it will rip up your target.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2019
    @atama
    Rangers wont be able to summon pets i think. You would have to play a Tank/Summoner aka The Keeper (which sounds really interesting tbh xD) ;)

Ranger will most likely only summon something in a Ranger/Summoner or Summoner/Ranger combo (resulting in the aptly named Falconer/Beastmaster)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    theonegargoyletheonegargoyle Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    This page on the wiki has a fair bit of info, including:
    "You only get active skills from your primary class and that active skill could look totally different after an augment gets applied. It really depends on what the augment is"
    "Each skill in the primary tree has a minimum of four augment choices from the secondary tree."
    "Players receive skill points as they level. These can be used to level up skills within their skill tree.It will not be possible to max all skills in a skill tree."
    "Each skill in the primary tree will have several augment options from the secondary tree. This is an example of horizontal progression."
    "Augments to primary skills will fundamentally change the way the ability works - adapting what the ability once did to incorporate the identity of the secondary archetype/class"

Nutshell version:
    1) You choose your primary class which gives you your set of active skills.
    2) You choose your secondary class, which does not give you any additional active skills.
    3) Your secondary class instead gives you a range of augments (at least 4 per active skill).
    4) Augments are also available from a range of other sources, including Race, Religion, Social Organisations, etc
    5) You can apply augments to active skills, but it's considered horizontal progression not vertical progression (ie it makes them different, not necessarily stronger)
    6) You can put points into skills as you level, this is considered vertical progression

Hope this helps ?
  • Options
    damokles wrote: »
    @atama
    Rangers wont be able to summon pets i think. You would have to play a Tank/Summoner aka The Keeper (which sounds really interesting tbh xD) ;)

Ranger will most likely only summon something in a Ranger/Summoner or Summoner/Ranger combo (resulting in the aptly named Falconer/Beastmaster)
    If I can’t abuse animals why be a Ranger? :cry:

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    atama wrote: »
    @atama

Every character has a battlepet.

Only summoners get summoned minions/pets/helpers/etc.
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
  • Options
    jahlon wrote: »
    atama wrote: »
    @atama

Every character has a battlepet.

Only summoners get summoned minions/pets/helpers/etc.
    By “summoned” I meant “ whistle and it comes running out if the woods” as opposed to “snap my fingers and it appears in a puff of smoke”. So good. :)

Hhak63P.png