Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You have a Freehold, now what's next?

You just spent a lot of gold for a new Freehold, just outside of the main city your a citizen of and your standing looking at your fine place.
So now what's next for you?
Keep in mind most of what you need to put inside has to come from NPCs or other players. ( So I am guessing)
So what type of setup are you looking to do with your Freehold? How will you use it?

Comments

• Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2019
    Pay taxes, place whatever you need for your artisan class (furnace, crafting bench, alchemy table, plant farms, cattle farms etc), hire some servants, decorate the ever living shit out of it, start to hoard items and potions. Thats what i am going to do :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    damokles wrote: »
    Pay taxes, place whatever you need for your artisan class (furnace, crafting bench, alchemy table, plant farms, cattle farms etc), hire some servants, decorate the ever living shit out of it, start to hoard items and potions. Thats what i am going to do :)

That's pretty much all of it :)
    Just a nice place to practice your craft and store books, materials or equipment you don't really use but still like and don't feel like selling (maybe because they remind you of the quest they came from, or because you used it a lot). It would also be nice to have some sort of "training area" to safely test new skills or do some friendly sparring.
  • Options
    What I would love to see for Inns, the option to hire NPC singers/ bards to play for a few hours. To add just a little extra to your setup.
  • Options
    mcstackersonmcstackerson Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If i do get a freehold, it would either be for my professions (if i do them) or for my friends. If it's for my professions, i'd obviously set it up with the buildings for those professions. If i'm doing it for friends, i'd probably set it up as a chill spot with a pub/tavern where we can hang out and play the tavern games.
  • Options
    HexcatHexcat Member
    Gather my teammates so we can build a hamlet and make it our guild headquarters
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    MeowsedMeowsed Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Put up some stables and a garden. Then fill it with a kinds of critters.

Or set up a big production line for fancy swords (complete with gems/enchantments if possible).

I haven't decided which yet.
    Mega troll frmr1cq9w89im2.jpg
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    granthor wrote: »
    What I would love to see for Inns, the option to hire NPC singers/ bards to play for a few hours. To add just a little extra to your setup.

IMO it would be really cool if you could get players that happen to be amateur musicians to sing/play, rather than NPC's.

Don't know/don't want to think about the specifics of how it could work, I just like the idea.
  • Options
    Phase 1
    Buy Freehold plot.
    Phase 2
    ?
    Phase 3
    Profit
    tenor.gif?itemid=6645301
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I probably won't be buying a freehold myself but I will happily frequent them depending on where I end up in the world.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    noaani wrote: »

IMO it would be really cool if you could get players that happen to be amateur musicians to sing/play, rather than NPC's.

Don't know/don't want to think about the specifics of how it could work, I just like the idea.
    To see how that would work, go check out the old SWG videos on the topic. Here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiNRVBDtJZo

• Options
    edited June 2019
  • Options
    Addition:
    The Guild Wars 2 music instruments are the best implementation of them in a game that i have ever seen.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    granthorgranthor Member
    edited June 2019

Good stuff there. Glad to see things got better after SWG. lol
  • Options
    @granthor
    Yeah at least in GW2 ;D
    No other game ever gave musicians that much freedom i think
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    @granthor
    Yeah at least in GW2 ;D
    No other game ever gave musicians that much freedom I think

That's why I am hoping AoC gives us that option in the game.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will be building a forge
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    noaani wrote: »

To see how that would work, go check out the old SWG videos on the topic. Here's a link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiNRVBDtJZo

That isn't what I'm talking about.

That is in game instruments which are literally just a conversion of the midi standard, but with even more restrictions.

Things like that are ok in their own right, and the restrictions can lead to some real creativity, but what I am thinking is actual real musicians playing (or having recorded) real instruments to play in a tavern.

As I said, I don't know how it could work, but I like the idea.

I like the idea a WHOLE LOT more than people just copy/pasting a text file that someone else wrote in order to play an in game instrument. I just can't see the specifics on how it works.
  • Options
    Depending on my character I might not even have a freehold. I kind of like the wandering bard idea, roll up into a city, stay at the inn, tell stories for coin or hire out my services for dungeons and raids, and move on after a bit.

If I play my tank, I'll probably have a freehold somewhere hopefully around a Tulnar city deep, deep underground. For that I'll set it up for whatever crafting I go for or if I decide to do more harvesting than crafting, just have a nice little shack in a crevasse somewhere I can relax at.
  • Options
    noemadnoemad Member
    I don't know if I will have a freehold or if I will just have an apartment. Either way I would like to be able to set up some kind of crafting station in it. I've done armor-smithing and weapon making in other games but for quite a few I either just gathered and sold it all for cash or I was a provisioner and made food and drink.