Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Is June's Balemane a collectible item?

sunfrogsunfrog Member, Founder, Kickstarter
c08hw6p.png

The stripes on the Balemane denote its rank/station in life. I'm assuming this means there are more balemanes in the game. No problem, until you think about it. If you want to collect all the balemanes this is the only one with blue stripes, or maybe the only one with a beard. So think ahead to the future. There you are with a corral full of balemanes. You're so happy. Your collection is complete. Except you don't have a Bearded Balemane. You can't buy it because these pre-game skins aren't saleable. Are you now out of luck?
Yes, right?

So, is this like one of those Funko Pop Strormtroopers that you have to buy to get the entire collection even though they only appear in one scene of the movie? Some people will want to collect every balemane. There will be people who want to do that. What about the Tidebreaker? You might have blue, brown, black, white sea otters but you won't have a purple one. Cosmetic store items are not saleable because that would make it pay-2-win, but they're still collectible. Or no? So it's pay-to-collect then?

I'm not saying that's a bad thing, I'm just wondering if it is a thing. If I'm going to specialize in Animal Husbandry I want some rare creatures in my corral to attract customers with things they've never seen. Kind of like when the car dealership puts a hot car up front to draw people in then sells them something else. What do you think?
fNX2ISa.png

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    There are other aspects besides color that they can claim as making the skin unique. The barding on the otter perhaps or the curve on the balemane tusks. Just don't go into your pre-order skin collecting thinking that you and others with the skin will be the only purple otters. There might be a ton of purple otters, just not in that exact shade of purple.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    Lifes unfair, suck it.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If I cant have my Cursed Charger ever again, then you will learn to live without the Balemane later ;D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Look, just accept that a certain desire is unrealistic and grow past your consumerish desires to have it all.

This will be something special for whoever has it, and they will have this unique iteration. That's all it is.

No one is telling you to have it all. No one is telling you that "to have it all" is affordable or even desirable. This is just not the case.

People like Steven can afford to have it all in this case, he's very wealthy and such. Its just how things are.