Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Status Effects that increase aggro radius

OrcLuckOrcLuck Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
Hello. I think it would be interesting, that if you killed a lot of animals in an area, you might aggro higher level monsters interested in eating the left overs.

I would obviously suggest doing this with beasts and things you would understand have a sense of smell.

Bears appearing when you're harvesting deer. Birds and eagles attacking you when you fish up a lot of fish. Coyote like critters coming to get you when you hunt rabbits.

Things that you might naturally be inclined to think of as obstacles when hunting, this way when you get higher in level you can transition it into more abstract concepts.

If you're a herbalist and you're out in the field and you use anything that puts off an odor maybe you would attract certain insects or things.

I think this would ground the world, and also be another time-limiting system in the game where you can't just mindlessly grind or use a bot to grind in your place.

Just a thought I might share.

Comments

• Options
    I like making ~professions more engaged/involved. There already are mimic-like monsters when you try gathering, this would be another cool addition, to spawn monsters at you but I do think most people would not find this particularly enjoyable. You don't want to force people into things, if they want to focus on professions and not combat, this should be minimized. So I think it's a cool idea and support it but at a very low frequency haha.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Would be a nice idea, especially for those with a skinning profession. They kill a group of easy prey and something even better to skin pops up xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I can see an effect like that from Witcher too, where if so many natural/harmless creatures are killed in a certain area some Nature-Beast comes out of nowhere to destroy you and balance the system back out.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We do know of the fangler with its little flower like protrusion and I believe it has been suggested there may be other creatures that may use similar methods to attract prey. Perhaps elemental creatures that like to eat minerals and thus guard such resources exploding out of the ground to attack you. Such occurrences need to be somewhat rare as if they occurred too often it would become somewhat tedious. I have no doubt that if such an attack occurred your friendly neighborhood ganker my try his luck at that exact time.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited June 2019
    damokles wrote: »
    Would be a nice idea, especially for those with a skinning profession. They kill a group of easy prey and something even better to skin pops up xD

I actually think this is brilliant, if you make these random events rewarding in some way FOR the profession/activity that summoned them, then it would make their occurrence a fun experience for everyone. People who want to focus on the profession can't complain, it's a boost, and those who welcome the change/immersion would also have another reward on top of the experience itself.

It would be an actually good implementation of the loot goblin mechanic that some games have as it would be grounded in the world and immersive. Furthermore, it's less random and feels like a direct consequence of your actions. You farm something long enough? The game tosses you a challenge based bonus for what you've been doing/gathering.