Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Spawns and encounters

Well I was playing runescape cause it ws recommended by the lazy peon on you tube and I was killing cows for leather for prefession. And well I guess after farming cows for a while something amazing happened. A mad cow spawned with more hit points and little tougher bascially same cow. But the point is it was really nice surpise interupted the dull farming.

So I guess the more time you spend in a zone the more kills quests and so on the more of a chance something could happen.
This goes into random spawn and encounters which I already posted but in this particular case it is not random it is triggered by a players action which is really cool.

Come to think of it this is how Steve described Zones of influence that Players action will change the zone of influence. Be pretty cool if we had rare spawns triggered in this specific manner. Or uncommon spawns do not have to be that rare. Rare spawn are usually associated with a spawn timer.

Comments

• Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited June 2019
    From what i understood it will be the nodes that determines what happens in that particular zone. So with that in mind the the level and type of these should influence what spawns. Beyond that players actions within that zone will then further influence the frequency and timing of more rare spawns, be that mobs, resources or special events.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    This kind of thing has already been discussed by Intrepid and they plan on implementing random encounters via the node levelling system.
    volunteer_moderator.gif