Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Does Anyone Not See The Red Flags?

baseikbaseik Member
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
I honestly made this account purely to make this thread. I'm about 95% sure it'll be deleted and my account banned, if not, well hopefully I can get an answer or two.

Does anyone not see a problem with this game? Seriously. I had the same hopes likely most of you do that this will be what I play now instead of World of Warcraft, Elder Scrolls Online, RuneScape, Final Fantasy XIV, Tera, and so on. But does no one see a problem with this "game"? Why do I not see threads raging on about this game? Or just in general, rage about this game, and NOT the good rage.

Don't see where I'm coming from? Let's go to the starting line then. Correct me if I'm wrong anywhere, seriously. More info the better for one and all.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1791529601/ashes-of-creation-new-mmorpg-by-intrepid-studios

So the game is a kickstarter, alright, cool and I can (wish I had even) get behind this. Project looks awesome and has a lot of high goals. Suddenly it's own is overpassed, nice, aim low show potential highs and make a home run. Now we get to development and we have... What? Packs? "Founder Packs"? No, just a monthly pack that starts at 50.00 USD and goes to 500.00 USD, of which changes every month.

"Our Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack allows access to our persistent server Alpha 2 test! This Pre-Order Pack includes (in total); Access to Alpha 2 Access to Beta 1 Access to Beta 2 9 months of game time ($135 value) $125 in Embers (in-game marketplace credits, NO P2W!) Scryer of Ebon Skies Burrow Hawk Bearded Balemane Shawl of Astral Balance Nomadic Reliquary Altar of Silence Name Reservation In addition to the cosmetic items granted with the Voyager Plus Pre-Order Pack at the time of purchase, you will also be entitled to purchase future monthly cosmetics as add-ons for the Voyager Plus Level Pre-Order Pack and below. Pre-Order Pack cosmetics are only available during the month they are featured, and will never be available again for purchase. In order to own a Pre-Order Pack's cosmetics, you must either purchase the Pre-Order Pack during the month that the cosmetic is featured or have purchased that level pack or higher in a previous month in order to buy the cosmetic as an add-on. Kickstarter and Summer Backers will always be able to purchase Pre-Order Pack cosmetics as add-ons."

Does no one see that as a serious red flag? No information on if you buy the highest you get everything from months prior or future, nothing. Just hey, spend 500 bucks this month, next month, the month after, how f***ing long is this game going to be doing this again? I'm pre-ordering.... Cosmetics. And the game WON'T be pay-to-win? Like Elder Scrolls Online? Like... Fallout 76? Like... Black Desert Online? Like... Bless Online? ...Like Neverwinter: Dungeons and Dragons? You all know the list of games, and if not, thank god you do not.

I want a game that enthralls me like Warcraft did just like everyone else, hell I even have a budget that I could've backed this game for 5,000 and buy every "pack" at 500 dollars a month with a really happy amount of ease (background of having been homeless, I struggled, dealt a bad hand and waited to play my hand at the right times. Hope is paralyzing, Time is flowing.) The problem I see on top of the expenses for a game that's asking for ridiculous amounts of money even after it's kickstarter goal getting over passed by so much is insane to me. Yet, I don't hear or see people talking of even the slightest amount of support or news of this game. If money is still the issue, is this the way to go about it? Is this game just Star Citizen set in Fantasy Dark Ages? What's going on here? If that's not bad enough for you, wasn't this supposed to launch as an MMORPG? Now there's a battle royale...and it's free if you're lucky and get picked in the sign up...What? So now we have a higher definition game with bows and magic....of Fortnite? Or did people forget how that game had Founder Packs, then went Battle Royale and ditched the "PvE Save the World" side of the game. And the news I have heard of the game was there were actually microtransactions in the game already, and in the Battle Royale. Someone tell me there's some kind of light here and this isn't Star Citizen redone or the next "we'll kill PUBG AND FORTNITE!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7bo40SPvb8

Comments

• Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Does no one see that as a serious red flag? No information on if you buy the highest you get everything from months prior or future, nothing.

No.

You buy your pack, you get the option to buy further individual cosmetics.

Game was kickstartered to bring additional features. Steven is funding the core product.

hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited June 2019
    How belligerent...
    1. You could have made your post 1/10 of the length to convey your concern instead of spending 3 paragraphs asking "DO YOU NOT SEE THE RED FLAGS?" without saying anything about what the fuck these flags are.
    2. There is no big publisher behind this game, they have a funding policy based on cosmetics and no, this DOESN'T indicate that the game will be pay to win.
    3. Nobody is forcing you to collect all the cosmetics like pokemon. Be an adult, spend your money responsibly and know that without having the game, your money spent here is a risk/investment (however you want to see it). If you don't want to spend until you see a finished product? Great, very prudent of you. But if you spend money on it, you should understand what you are spending on and not act like the preacher in skyrim yelling about "red flags" without actually communicating anything.
    4. Really? Talking about apoc still? Read anything on it instead of preaching doomsday.
    5. What's up with the conspiracies? You think the reason there isn't wide-spread outrage on the forums is because IS is banning and deleting the endless waves of posts like yours? Sigh.
  • Options
    AmistAmist Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    No I don't see it
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    I am a responsible adult, I reserve my judgment until the game is out and people can play it. There are a few cosmetics where I thought "hm this might be nice to have", but since I am a responsible adult I didn't "pre-order" (Whatever you want to call kickstarter/founderpacks) soley based on good will and take a wait and see approach.(not saying supporting the project is a bad idea just that i personally made that decision on my believes)

You know, responsible adults base their opinion on facts. The game didn't launch yet and wether it will be one of those games you mentioned (honestly, if you don't see any difference between a released game being just brought to the west"re-released" which was already just a cashgrab from a different market and this game then I question wether you should be classified as a person capable of indepent actions) will be seen down the line.

I personally don't see a need for any outrage since I don't have any personal stake in the project, yet and everyone who has, made that judgment knowing that they support an idea, not a finished product. So again, why would anyone be outraged? IS has been upfront with all their decisions so far and while communication could have been better they are working on it and have established a good basis overall now.

Word of advise, don't pre-order and leave the game to itself, come back when it launches and reviews are out. Problem solved. Wether it's a good or bad game won't be determined let alone changed by some outrage over some red flags that you see.
    I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited June 2019
    "Im most likely going to be banned for this."
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, NOT WITH THIS FORUMS SUPERVISION YOU ARE XD
    Seriously...
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    flatlineflatline Member, Founder
    He is suffering from Bad MMO PTSD.... I dont blame him...
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Hope you learnt something useful from this thread... like not having to create a whole new account just to post something of this caliber.
    Forgive and you will free yourself. Peace be with you all.
  • Options
    baseikbaseik Member
    flatline wrote: »
    He is suffering from Bad MMO PTSD.... I dont blame him...

Yeah, one person has an understanding, the rest are just trying to get in another +1 to their post count. While another was willing to talk about some interesting information being Intrepid has a funding system based around cosmetics.

To which I say, Okay... So it's like Black Desert Online. Best gear in the game? Look like a shrub with a hat. But a one "costume/skin/outfit/cosmetic" or two later and suddenly... Bada** or likely for the females skimpy. I could only hope people remember Mulan and think of some better designs then "how much can we remove before it's just nudity?"

No less though, I still cannot find information on what it entails to purchasing packs as well as the addons as described. "you must either purchase the Pre-Order Pack during the month that the cosmetic is featured or have purchased that level pack or higher in a previous month in order to buy the cosmetic as an add-on. " Though frankly I could likely find something in terms of current stage of the game in some dev stream, so I suppose that immediate knowledge isn't really worth knowing prior to purchase to if you'd even be able to play the game out right.
  • Options
    amuriaamuria Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited June 2019
    "you must either purchase the Pre-Order Pack during the month that the cosmetic is featured or have purchased that level pack or higher in a previous month in order to buy the cosmetic as an add-on. "

If you look in the store you will find that certain packs have cosmetics that others do not have.
    The wayfarer has clothing but no bird creature. The next level has a bird creature.

So if you buy the wayfarer you will receive the displayed items but not the bird if you buy the level above you will also receive the pet.

Now let's say you bought the wayfarer pack in the previous month. Now you could buy the cosmetic displayed for 5$ without buying the entire pack again. Guessing from the levels this would now mean if you bought the pack above you could buy the pet directly.

I would advise against building strawmans for your critics. It makes you come off in a fairly bad light.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    baseik wrote: »
    No less though, I still cannot find information on what it entails to purchasing packs as well as the addons as described. "you must either purchase the Pre-Order Pack during the month that the cosmetic is featured or have purchased that level pack or higher in a previous month in order to buy the cosmetic as an add-on. " Though frankly I could likely find something in terms of current stage of the game in some dev stream, so I suppose that immediate knowledge isn't really worth knowing prior to purchase to if you'd even be able to play the game out right.

While I kind of see your frustration, I also can't really see how it isn't obvious.

Different cosmetics have a different level of accessibility. In order to buy a specific cosmetic (though I assume this only applies to pre-launch cosmetics) you must have appropriate access to that level on your account. The level of access on y our account is based solely on what level of pre-order pack you have on your account.

Once you have a Pre-Order pack on your account, you are then able to purchase any cosmetics that are released in future packs up to the level of access you have purchased. So if you purchased a Wayfarer pack previously to the current offerings, you are able to now purchase - as add ons to your Wayfarer pack - any of the cosmetics in this months pre-order pack.

If you had previously purchased an Expeditionary Pre-Order Pack, then you would this month be able to purchase any of the cosmetic items that appear in this months Expeditionary pack (which includes all Wayfarer cosmetics).

Without purchasing a pre-order pack, you are unable to purchase the add ons, and so they don't show up in the shop page. This is because without a pre-order package, you do not have any game time on your account, you must purchase game time on your account before you can purchase any cosmetics for it, and the only way at present to purchase game time is to purchase a pre-order pack.

I hope that clears things up a bit for you.

Also, last I heard, the game doesn't need this revenue in order to launch, between the kickstarter and what Steven put in to it, it is supposedly fully funded until launch. Not sure if this has changed recently, but it was the case last I heard.
  • Options
    grisugrisu Member
    baseik wrote: »
    Yeah, one person has an understanding, the rest are just trying to get in another +1 to their post count. While another was willing to talk about some interesting information being Intrepid has a funding system based around cosmetics.
    "I have an opinion and everyone who disagrees is stupid"... DON'T YOU SEE THE RED FLAG PEOPLE!!

Don't feed the trolls people
    tenor.gif

I can be a life fulfilling dream. - Zekece
    I can be a life devouring nightmare. - Grisu#1819
  • Options
    AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If you did a little research before making this post you would have found out that you only buy the pack once, and if you decide you want a higher pack down the road you can just upgrading you current pack for the difference in cost. Your red flags are in your head.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Does @skafftaruss have a brother?

Cousin?

Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    judging by the low amount of :D fake-fanboyism :D against steven its probally his cousin
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    1/10 for troll attempt.

Oh I am just posting this to get my +1 in post count thanks :smirk:
  • Options
    JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    neomir wrote: »
    1/10 for troll attempt.

If you don't agree with me, you are just posting for your +1 post count
    hpsmlCJ.jpg
    Make sure to check out Ashes 101
  • Options
    jahlon wrote: »
    1/10 for troll attempt.

Can I has +1 too??!!
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    karthos wrote: »
    1/10 for troll attempt.

Can I has +1 too??!!

No, it's not allowed.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited June 2019
    1/10 for troll attempt.

Well obviously, only people with real opinions find a way to post without getting the +1 post count. It's the only way to make sure everyone knows you are not just posting for the sweet sweet forum stats.

From here on out, I will only edit my old posts to communicate with you all. Please check back here incrementally, I don't want to artificially balloon my stats. No padding here thank you very much.

Oh no, how would I distinguish between the fakers and the real +0 heroes if everyone starts to avoid getting +1 stats? I think... everyone who disagrees with me is just faking opinions. Woah... Deja vu! Something feels familiar, it's almost like you can't prevent having your opinion invalidated if you disagree with people. I need to lie down, this is all too much to process.
  • Options
    arzosah wrote: »
    karthos wrote: »
    1/10 for troll attempt.

Can I has +1 too??!!

No, it's not allowed.

Have the words "it's not allowed" ever stopped me before?!
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Oh no, looks like the mods are subtlety trying to bury this post, it doesn't pop to the top whenever someone posts, must be another red flag!
    k2U15J3.png
  • Options
    JuanchiJuanchi Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Telling people where to spend their money?. Bad idea pal---- U don't like it, don't buy it. Bitching for a game that hasn't even showed up things......sigh
  • Options
    Those Packets are ways to support game. It is a fund raiser to promote MMO. Just so you know MMO,s
    can cost upwards of 100 million to make real easy. And in order to compete with other big names well they have push things to the limit and the need funds to do that. Just a fact.

The reasond they have monthly packs is that well people may not want to buy the pack cause gear is to them ugly so you have to have different sets to appeall to more players.

Besides it is not really a cash shop more like giving players oppurtunity to donate and giving them something in return instead if just nothing. I seriously doubt any one is strongly compelled to buy all them month after month that is. Plus if you have to do is pay your monthly 15 bucks and that is it so nothing to complain about.

If you want to donate you pick a pack that fits your budget and that is it.

Bottome line is The launch of the game is critical could break or make a game so right now is when they need the most support.

I see no red flags Business Model is Solid in my opinion.
  • Options
    Are you stupid or just clueless about the game.

"No information on if you buy the highest you get everything from months prior or future, nothing." They have said that these cosmetics are for 1 month and won't be back, so just there, you have shown how clueless you are about the game.

Then there is the talk about the BR. First off, when the servers are up, it is open to everybody (or most of the time it is), Secondly, it has been said several times now, that the BR was a fast way for them to test various things in the game. They learned alot. I think they even had to completely redesign something. So again you have shown how clueless and stupid you are.

Last, people did actualy talk about all the ways people were able to spend money on the game. But that was last year, when the BR servers was actualy up
  • Options
    DirebluDireblu Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Here for my +1.
    And also, I like the cash shop financing the game before it's released and can be supported by subs. However when it is released the cash shop better shut or not sell what should be in-game loot or achievement drops. I'm all about that late game content and showing off that end game bling. I believe this accurately describes the sentiment of cash shops. https://youtube.com/watch?v=tK47VpbU0J4