Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

All my old badges are gone :O

Comments

• DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    @arzosah
    Did you get logged outof the website? We are trying to collect data for the support team :)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @damokles I got forced logged out when i got on at home yesterday, but I didn't check my badges at that point, when I noticed it at work today I was still logged in.
    k2U15J3.png
    @arzosah
    At least we dont loose everything and only have to comment and get a like to get our badges back xD
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Once again they are all gone.
    Auronsyg.png
  • ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    Logged into the website last night to look at the shop.

Today I am logged out of the forum and since logging back in I have lost my badges.

Edit: As soon as I made this post I got my comment badges back.
    2nd Edit: The likes received for this post also reactivated the like badges.
    3rd Edit: When I made the 2nd Edit I got awarded my comment badges again :grin:
  • FiastosFiastos Member, Settler
    I thought the old forum badges were removed.
    fiastos wrote: »
    I thought the old forum badges were removed.

That is not what we mean ;)
    We had the problem that the new forum badges get sometimes randomly reset.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • ItsFayneItsFayne Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Interesting...
    7l7hsjx.png
  • AuronAuron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Happened again today or yesterday >_<
    Auronsyg.png
    and they're gone again... @LieutenantToast my precious badges!!!!
    k2U15J3.png
  • Rem_Rem_ Member
    Hmmm I've lost lots of my badges too, specifically the question helping ones, photogenic and a few others as well. The comment ones and like ones came back once I liked something and commented. Is there any fix to this yet? :c
    Poko.png
    You'll lose everything except your backer badges, but anytime you do something that would award a badge you'll get all the related ones back...and then lose them again.
    k2U15J3.png
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    How hard is it to manage a forum
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
    nagash wrote: »

giphy.gif
    a6XEiIf.gif
    edited July 2019
    damokles wrote: »

giphy.gif

The forums are already basic and they can't even manage this.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Lost all badges again... Checked the forums earlier today.. all was fine.. Came back just now, had to log back in.. badges reset..
  • tugowartugowar Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    That didn't work for me, but this is probably the 4th or 5th reset in the last few years, so at some point you just stop caring.

Virtue is the only good.
  • NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Oh.. I usually don't pay much attention to my badges, but they do seem to be gone now :(
    giphy.gif
    Badges got reset today :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Hi all - checking back in on this thread to gather some more bug report details from you! It sounds like this issue may be arising due to the connection between your Intrepid and forum accounts, so your backer badges will appear to persist but the badges you received directly through the forums will appear to "reset" when you log back in. However, it does appear that posting again or receiving another "Like" will indeed restore your Badges to their correct values in the meantime!

I've gathered up all the info you've all shared so far to pass along to our team and Vanilla to see what might be going on here - thank you again for the additional reports, and please feel free to message me directly with any other details you have to help us track this down!

community_management.gif
  • VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, I had to relog in just now and the badges had been reset seems to be some sort of disconnect between the two parts of the account.
    But honestly, some silly forum badges mean kind nothing to me just so long as we can post stuff and not have to use reddit or discord as we did in the dark days. :|
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
    varkun wrote: »
    Yes, I had to relog in just now and the badges had been reset seems to be some sort of disconnect between the two parts of the account.
    But honestly, some silly forum badges mean kind nothing to me just so long as we can post stuff and not have to use reddit or discord as we did in the dark days. :|

while I agree I hate how we have lost features
    nJ0vUSm.gif

Again! :D
    varkun wrote: »

You are right that the badges mean nearly nothing, but it is the prinziple of it that makes me post here :D
    a6XEiIf.gif
    Badges are my special nerd points, they're very important.
    k2U15J3.png
    we already lost the activity page and the lol button and now you want to take my badges :'(
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• ViymirViymir Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    ...and now you want to take my badges :'(
    i6iEcqa.jpg

neomir wrote: »
    ...and now you want to take my badges :'(
    i6iEcqa.jpg

well played
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    In all honesty, once AOC goes live I be like, what there are forums. :D

But it should not be happening needs to be sorted.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • They don't mean much, but, it's messing with my OCD....
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    while I agree I hate how we have lost features
    I don't care about the badges - I just want the LOL button.
    In fact, I would prefer to not have any badges if that's what's preventing us from having a LOL button.