Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ultimate abilities.

consultantconsultant Member
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
If Utimate abilitiy is always the same not really Ultimate just nice animation with good damage gets kind of repetative. Now if ability gets augmented by secondary class that kind of solves this problem.

Wanted to state if ability puts a debuff on target lets say target takes 5% more magic damage for next 3 seconds
Then Well Mages would be likely to use their Ultimate abilitie right after that one if they can for extra damage. So now it matters when you have to use it.

Also if Utimate ability has a slow then might save it for a certain time. Just couple of examples how things like this adds a different dynamic to it.

Plus think critical Ultimate abilites should have additional effects unless they crit all the time.

Just go give of an example just google wild surge results frromTome of Magic. Just an example not askign for 100 results or those type of results.

Comments

• Options
    CaelronCaelron Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    We don't even know yet if each class will have "ultimate"-type abilities.
    Sure, it might have its most powerful ability granted at the max level, but we'll have to wait and see!

Intrepid Studios has stated in the past that groups will be designed to operate the "best" when having each of the 8 main class Archetypes. So, I imagine every one of them will have some sort of interacting skills, timing mechanics, crowd control effects, etc. - even non-combat abilities, such as Trap finding and Tracking. That's probably base-line skills, not necessarily "ultimate abilities."

I'm hoping there are some class ultimate abilities that have a cost to them, like in Nexus TK: The Kingdom of the Winds - One of the first mmorpg's on the market.
    There were 4 main classes: Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Poet
    One example is that of a Warrior's ultimate (level 99) ability was called Whirlwind. It did 2x the warrior's health in damage (which can be crazy damage considering you can sell experience for health), but it was such an exhaustive attack, it left you at 10 health. So basically if you hit a creature that didn't die - if it sneezed on you, you would die, unless you had a poet heal you fast enough, or the mage paralyze your target quick enough.

We 'do' know that there's rumors of siege-level spells that might be implemented. Now THOSE I would call "Ultimate Abilities"! One example was hinted at through a Q&A session where it might be possible for a ring of summoners to basically summon a raid-level boss/creature to help with the siege.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think the ultimate abilities in the MMORPG are going to come from the weapon abilities.
    Not sure that APOC will have ultimates. I don't recall ultimates being mentioned for the classes in APOC Castle Siege.
  • Options
    Well could just replace ultimate abilities with classes most powerful ability
  • Options
    i like the idea of an ultimate ability. When I played ff14 I used limit break but it was only allowed in dungeons but it was so epic to use :)
  • Options
    EvoWEvoW Member
    caelron wrote: »
    We don't even know yet if each class will have "ultimate"-type abilities.

One example was hinted at through a Q&A session where it might be possible for a ring of summoners to basically summon a raid-level boss/creature to help with the siege.
    I would love to see this. I have always wanted to live the fantasy of being a summoner who conjures massive beings into battle to turn the tides. In general, I really hope the summoner class is robust, as I plan to go Summoner/Summoner! (Conjurer)
  • Options
    i see the "super jump" as a superhero ability and i really really dont like it