Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Concept Art and Narrated Lore.

Would really like to see more concept art. Talking about sketches not finished art. In the Lore of the Hippor Grippon think I only saw one sketch and other pictures were mostly completed art just not fully rendered in 3d I guess.

So be great if you saved the concept art sketches that is and showed them to us it adds a sense of wonder of what the item is going to look like in game..

Think best way for lore to be distrubuted to us is have it narrated by some cool voice. Kind of like Audio books. People do not like to read. One good example is the introduction to a Game called The Mark of Kri on PS2.

I think when Ashes of Creation said vioce overs were to expensive. They meant voice overs for quests cause so many of them but could of afford this idea. Maybe not just an idea.

Comments

• Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Speak for yourself, I like to read a lot.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • AzryilAzryil Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Spending money to pay someone to narrate a lore blog is just an unnecessary waste.
    k2U15J3.png
  • Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    arzosah wrote: »
    Spending money to pay someone to narrate a lore blog is just an unnecessary waste.

Especially when you consider that if the lore is interesting enough, someone will inevitably make lore explanation videos about it on YouTube.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Speak for yourself, I like to read a lot.

a00e4185420051be427dc7e560270648.jpg
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I would also like to see more concept art...
    *cough* Tulnar *cough*
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    If they were wise they would be making a book of sketches for things eventually implemented in the game. Then they would sell the book.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Kiryu_riyKiryu_riy Member, Leader of Men
    azathoth wrote: »
    If they were wise they would be making a book of sketches for things eventually implemented in the game. Then they would sell the book.

Something like chronicles in wow
  • consultantconsultant Member
    edited February 2021
    The new Star Trek came out Star Trek Discovery see how the scetch art looks really cool in the beginning. Intro.
  • Speak for yourself, I like to read a lot.

Met a lot of people in MMOs that do not like ot read real obvious to me cause if they read the tool tips for thier abilities they would know what they abilities do and I would not have to tell them. Not talking about you persanally.