Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Guild Halls & Solo players

I actually have 2 Questions

1. I wanted to ask if there's going to be some sort of Guild Hall building/mechanic (I know it's kinda cliché). But i just love the idea to go into a real Guild Hall and look on a board for some local quests (might it be of npcs or players that need help with something), and if so do you have to be a certain "Rank" or something (like bronze, silver, platinum, etc..., something seperate from your level) to take on some of the more difficult ones.

2. You could say I'm one of those "Solo" Players, that try to do anything and everything on their own, be it leveling, questing or going into a raid/dungeon, no matter how difficult it is. Will those "Solo" Players be able to accomplish everything (or most of the stuff) in-game like players that are in a guild or party? (Something like, going into a dungeon and slay bosses). Or do you need to find people that let you in their party for a raid or something like that?

Keep up the good work, love everything you've shown us so far and I'm pretty excited to play it.

Good luck in your oncoming Battles. :)

Comments

• Options
    HirekoHireko Member, Intrepid Pack
    First off this is not a personal attack, I do not mean to be rude with this message and so don't take it personally this is just my opinion coming from a MMORPG fan.

repsonse to your second question: please don't play and invest time and money into a Massively Multiplayer online game that you want to play solo. There are millions of solo games out there on the market on mutliple different platforms to choose from, why try change a massively multiplayer online game for your own convenience? when there is already so few good ones that aren't RNG and P2W
  • Options
    WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @prayl because a solo player might also want to pvp, have a market to make money on, have goals to work towards. people with busy lifes might not want to socialize but just farm for a hour a day and stand afk in town showing gear. there are some of the biggest mmo's that were made to play solo for the most part contributing to the whole. community aspect came mostly from trading and chatting. like maplestory or runescape for example.
    Signature-member.gif?ex=66155d75&is=6602e875&hm=3bfff7a9230240f48915fa417b4dc30b967860cdecfbbdf088f3d3b302a06bdd&
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Rather than bash your preferred playstyle I will give you Intrepids answer. Will there be content for solo players? Yes. Will you miss out on other experiences? Yes. But Steven has said that there will be plenty of content down the line for solo casuals as well as the hardcore chest thumpers.
    926e4f9493e789d8874175da59d055da.png
    704aad31a4fba9dce488c4de21cd1f11.png

south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    While there will be soloable elements, most activities in Ashes will require you to interact with other players, form groups and create or join guilds in order to progress meaningfully, in either PvP or PvE. Getting back to a high level of player interaction is part of what Steven means by "making MMOs great again".
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    missbanjomissbanjo Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Is it really though? It seems that that is also in development from those replies from Steven. I've been a primarily solo player since the beginning of my venture into MMOs with occasional groups to dungeon crawl or raid. But I just love to spend a day fishing, gathering or questing.
    GWpEIbP.jpg
  • Options
    for me the best thing is, to have a balance
    i want to spend my time alone with lots of cool things to do !
    and then i want to spend time with random people and with a guild or whatever...

one of my biggest worries is, the game is not out yet but there are huge guilds formed already
    it takes the fun out of soloing or meeting new people and having stories and making guilds and families in the game....

• Options
    HirekoHireko Member, Intrepid Pack
    @shkevi I agree with the things you said, don't get me wrong I believe everyone has the right to play watever they want and in anyway they want to play it.
    but changing the game as a whole just for solo players would have a detrimental effect in my opinion