Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Just a random though

georgeblackgeorgeblack Member
edited July 2019 in General Discussion
An armor set needs 1200 total materials.
A weapon needs 1900 total materials.

A pyromancer class needs a pyro armor (cloth that does not get burned even if the character is total engulfed in flames xD ) that requires 3100 material. This class needs no weapon.

A pyromancer is your typicall Human Tourch from fantastic4 or Portgus D. Ace from OP.

A pyromancer manipulates flames to attack mid range or protect oneself with AoE or flame barriers.

Totally random. What do you think?
Just for the fire them of themes

Comments

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    What do I think? I think I have no idea what you are talking about.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    He means, to craft special armor or weapons for his own specific class. (I think so)
    Or do u want a Pyromancer class ^^, or the possibility to go full on fire spells in the mage class, yes this would be a cool opinion.
  • Options
    ShoklenShoklen Member
    edited July 2019
    Super human (super hero) aside... If we are talking a human "wizard" styled spellcaster with a specialization in fire magic... That owns fireproof armor or clothing... He himself is not fireproof and his hair would burn away, and eyes melt if he totally engulfed himself... not to mention asphyxiation from heat, smoke with his lungs generally being cooked from the insides out.. Then worrying about his flesh being cooked like a ham on the bbq grill.. But with the power of such magic, all the above would happen in a flash and i bet they wouldn't feel a thing... Well, maybe for a few seconds.. Before collapsing to the ground praying for death to take them..

But.. yeah... :)
  • Options
    alright, u made me hungry now.
    But we are talking about magic.
    So why shouldn`t he be immune to his own magic, formed from his own mana and thoughts.
  • Options
    DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Well..... crafters will be able to influence the gears stats etc, so i think it should be doable to create or let someone creat gear for your specific needs.

I myself plan to craft extremely customized gear for my chars.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    shoklen wrote: »
    Super human (super hero) aside... If we are talking a human "wizard" styled spellcaster with a specialization in fire magic... That owns fireproof armor or clothing... He himself is not fireproof and his hair would burn away, and eyes melt if he totally engulfed himself... not to mention asphyxiation from heat, smoke with his lungs generally being cooked from the insides out.. Then worrying about his flesh being cooked like a ham on the bbq grill.. But with the power of such magic, all the above would happen in a flash and i bet they wouldn't feel a thing... Well, maybe for a few seconds.. Before collapsing to the ground praying for death to take them..

let me introduce you to the bright wizard

JGQ4Y0Y.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    nagash wrote: »

Loved the Bright Wizard in Warhammer Online :smile:
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    nagash wrote: »

Loved the Bright Wizard in Warhammer Online :smile:

I played a witchhunter ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Pyromancer class that doesnt need a weapon, but since it's not fair to avoid spending time to earn a weapon to help increase dmg, the pyromance would have to sink mats to a class locked armor.
  • Options
    KarthosKarthos Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Pyromancer class that doesnt need a weapon, but since it's not fair to avoid spending time to earn a weapon to help increase dmg, the pyromance would have to sink mats to a class locked armor.

I still imagine even if a class doesn't "need" a weapon, you're still going to need things to hold in your hand slots. Wether this be a book or staff, I don't seen a full blown "unarmed" class happening.
    Aq0KG2f.png
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    karthos wrote: »

I still imagine even if a class doesn't "need" a weapon, you're still going to need things to hold in your hand slots. Wether this be a book or staff, I don't seen a full blown "unarmed" class happening.

From what we currently know about how the mmo combat will work, every character will need a hand-weapon regardless of class in order to increase their focus meter. If that stays true I can't see a world where you WOULDN'T ever want to have a weapon equipped.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2019
    Well, weapons also have weapon abilities, so I don't expect to see people gimping themselves by not using the weapon abilities. Also, some class skills require specific weapons.
    Can't Shield Bash without a shield.

Pyromancer is still going to have a staff, wand, orb or spellbook.