Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Artisans - In need of Clarification

13»

Comments

• Options
    MattTheMom wrote: »
    I wonder if the Library in the scientific node will not only state -Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources- but also who gathered it and if there is some kind of tool that tells me who that person is.

Regarding this, it was mentioned that players will need to willfully "upload" such information. So perhaps they will be credited with the upload and you'll know the player name. Personally I'd like if it was an option to hide such info if you wanted to be anon.
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »
    I wonder if the Library in the scientific node will not only state -Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources- but also who gathered it and if there is some kind of tool that tells me who that person is.

Regarding this, it was mentioned that players will need to willfully "upload" such information. So perhaps they will be credited with the upload and you'll know the player name. Personally I'd like if it was an option to hide such info if you wanted to be anon.

this reminds me of sword art online where they always would upload new gathered informations about bosses and dungeons, some would take money to sell the infos, others would be more altruistic an give it away for free. but to secure a market its way better to not share. of course that wouldn't be me xD
    dmkw
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited August 2019
    this reminds me of sword art online where they always would upload new gathered informations about bosses and dungeons, some would take money to sell the infos, others would be more altruistic an give it away for free. but to secure a market its way better to not share. of course that wouldn't be me xD

I am personally vehemently against the uploading of information by players. I think it ruins the part of the game I was most excited for but I've already made a thread on it so I won't derail the convo haha (https://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/42537/lost-opportunity/p1).
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

All will influence gatherable and gathered resources. I wonder if the Library in the scientific node will not only state -Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources- but also who gathered it and if there is some kind of tool that tells me who that person is.

While I am not bothered by the ability to share information on gatherables like this I know I will not be sharing anything I know. Let people find it for themselves.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I wonder how religion will effect artisans
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »

All will influence gatherable and gathered resources. I wonder if the Library in the scientific node will not only state -Locations and last known quantity of gatherable resources- but also who gathered it and if there is some kind of tool that tells me who that person is.

While I am not bothered by the ability to share information on gatherables like this I know I will not be sharing anything I know. Let people find it for themselves.

Sharing information on gathering locations won't be nearly as effective in Ashes as it is in other mmorpgs. Take WoW for example. Resources are set out by zone and have specific spawning locations so players know the best places and routes to gather certain resources.

In Ashes the location of resources will be more random. You will have a cluster of resources that can be gathered, then once that resource is depleted the location will change.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »

Sharing information on gathering locations won't be nearly as effective in Ashes as it is in other mmorpgs. Take WoW for example. Resources are set out by zone and have specific spawning locations so players know the best places and routes to gather certain resources.

In Ashes the location of resources will be more random. You will have a cluster of resources that can be gathered, then once that resource is depleted the location will change.

Yes, this is the case but those locations will not remain empty forever it may take day's week's or months but resources will eventually respawn. In all honesty, I am so looking forward to gathering resources from more defined nodes rather than the node to node to node rinse and repeat in 10 minutes. Just feel it will force the gatherers amongst us to roam far and wide in search of those precious resources after depleting our more local area.
    But will be keeping those locations to myself and not sharing with the unwashed masses through.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    ziltchziltch Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
    Gathering is the best excuse to Adventure forth!
    In regards to the "upload info" part tho, I can't say much about it as personally I'd never share my spoils tho I can also understand how some will be kind and share it if they cant use it themselves, as well as how some will share it and lay down in ambush of the gatherers coming to the honeypot.
    The simplest yet hardest stat to train is Willpower.