Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will there be Different Types of Swords in Ashes of Creation?

Wondering if there will be Different "Types" of Swords other than just "Longsword and Shortsword" in Game. Would Like to See Bastard Swords (Hand and a Half), Katanas, Actual Greatswords (Ala William Wallace) or some of the more exotic and Obscure swords I.E. "The Sky Sword" from "The Sword and The Sorceror".. Maybe I'm just dreaming, but it would be great.. (as you can tell I'm a "Sword and Board Player".. Just Askin'
The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!

Comments

• WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I think IS sayd there will be. The variations will just fall under the same one or two-handed sword category. Probably because of animations and weapon-specific skills. Last livestream there was a question about whips. Also the Tulnar concept silhouettes show some different ones like the circular saw blade on the end of a rope or chain. Will be intresting if they manage to implant these and if so; which category they fall under? My favorite weapon is the rapier and iam so happy that its confirmed !
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • AnvilAnvil Member
    shkevi wrote: »
    I think IS sayd there will be. The variations will just fall under the same one or two-handed sword category. Probably because of animations and weapon-specific skills. Last livestream there was a question about whips. Also the Tulnar concept silhouettes show some different ones like the circular saw blade on the end of a rope or chain. Will be intresting if they manage to implant these and if so; which category they fall under? My favorite weapon is the rapier and iam so happy that its confirmed !

My Favorite is either a Bastard Sword, Or , Dual Wielding Katanas.. Would LOVE that.
    The Truth has 3 sides, Your Point of View, Their point of View, and The Actual Truth, so, Be careful How you wield the Sword of Truth, It Cuts 3 ways!
  • NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    anvilkos wrote: »
    shkevi wrote: »

My Favorite is either a Bastard Sword, Or , Dual Wielding Katanas.. Would LOVE that.

I would expect to see bastard swords but I have no idea if you can dual wield
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Hiya! Our friend Wololo was spot on above - there will be a variety of different sword types and looks, but they'll likely all drive off similar animations for a given category (like 1-handed vs. 2-handed swords).

And yes, dual wielding will indeed be a thing!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to message me directly if you have any further questions on this particular topic :)
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.