Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Thoughts on character item trading

Do you think AOC will have character item trading? I know BDO was locked to just potion exchange. Do you think AOC will be more lenient and allow players to exchange armor and weapons?
fyet5j.png

Comments

• Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I know they won't let you trade certain items or gold due to gold sellers but I'm not sure about basic items
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    @nagash Yeah, I think gold should not be an option to trade.but looted items such as a piece of armor found in a dungeon you won't use and you have a friend who would use it, I wonder if there will be an option to trade that item with your friend.
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    AzathothAzathoth Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Purchased skins will be account locked too I believe.
    57597603_387667588743769_477625458809110528_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-lax3-1.xx&oh=16e82247154b84484b7f627c0ac76fca&oe=5D448BDD
    +1 Skull & Crown metal coin
  • Options
    @azathoth Yeah, I believe premium items should be account locked. I was just wondering about items you loot in-game. For example, my friend came late to the game and she needed a good weapon to keep alive a little longer until she levels.. would I be able to provide that ect. Or if i was able to enchant an item and give it to someone - Im not sure enchanting will be a system in AOC- Will have to see
    fyet5j.png

• Options
    I think the entire crafting system requires you to trade with others. You will need resources from others. They have said you can become a merchent, of what i recall

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_stalls
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    insomnia wrote: »
    I think the entire crafting system requires you to trade with others. You will need resources from others. They have said you can become a merchent, of what i recall

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Player_stalls

I assumed the OP meant straight player to player trading as opposed to trading through the local auction house or shops.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2019
    Straight player to player trading is confirmed and will have an escrow system to help prevent scamming and other dodgy actions that lead to duping and other exploits.

There will be player to player trading in Ashes of Creation.[2][3]

Q: Will Ashes of Creation have player-to-player trading? Will there be anything stopping me from gifting a friend that's fresh to the game a bunch of in-game money to help them get on their feet quickly?
    A: There won't be anything to stop you from doing that.[2] – Steven Sharif

Escrow system
    An escrow system is planned to prevent griefing in the crafting system.[46]

We're going to have a UI... you're gonna put the resources in or they're gonna put the resources in. It'll be like an escrow system and then once [the job] is complete you'll get the item they'll get the money.[46]

Player to player trading

Ashes of Creation concept art.[24]
    There will be player to player trading in Ashes of Creation.[43][44]

Banking between characters will likely be restricted to Furniture and completed items.[45]
    Gear binding
    There may be some gear binding (BoE or BoP) but it will be an exception rather than the rule, as this doesn't facilitate the objectives for the economy.[46]

Very little gear will be account bound or soulbound in Ashes of Creation.[47]
    Gear is obtained via crafting, gathering and processing along with raid and dungeon bosses.[47]
    A lot of what we experienced in games that usually come before us is that many things our account bound and they're soulbound to your character... Instead very little here is character bound. Very very little. The vast majority of gear- yes you will get quest related gear as rewards- but it won't be let's say one set in one dungeon and you must run the dungeon over and over. Instead we want to really emphasize the reliance on the economy and crafters and gatherers and processors to support a majority of the gear structure in-game, combined with that of world raid bosses and dungeon bosses; not a repetitive quest line through a single dungeon.[47] – Steven Sharif

Security systems
    Security systems will be in place to combat cheating, exploiting, botting, gold selling, item duplication and other things that affect the economy starting from Alpha-0.[11][12][13]

These systems collect user data and flag abnormal activities for inspection. This combined with player reporting functions generates a live "heat map" that draws attention to unusual behavior.[13]
    Players caught cheating will be banned.[13]
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg