Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Horses and the possibilities of animal husbandry

DamoklesDamokles Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
Intrepid gave us some more info about horses, now here is my idea.

I hereby petition animal husbandry enthusiasts to recreate the horses of the apocalypse.
Imagine it: four legendary mounts, each as cool as the next one.

War: red coat, flaming hooveprints, high endurance, high health, low speed (burning aura)
Famine: green/grey coat, withering plants in its wake, low health, low stamina, very high speed (drains enemy stamina)
Pestilence: grey coat, surrounded by locusts, low health, high stamina, low speed (lowers enemy resistance/armour)
Death: black coat, no shadow or sounds, high health, low stamina, high speed (halts hp regen of enemies/lowers healing for a certain amount)

They could be the legendary horse "breed", the pinnacle of horse breeding.
a6XEiIf.gif

Comments

• Options
    Except IS will troll you by having the genetic combination of red coat and flaming hooveprints causes the resulting horse to have giant googly eyes.

EXCEPT, the jokes on them, what the community really wanted was a horse with googly eyes and they played right into our hands.

Checkmate.
  • Options
    TolthorTolthor Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For us Dwarves, how about Ponies of the Apocalypse?
  • Options
    Tolrig wrote: »
    For us Dwarves, how about Ponies of the Apocalypse?

How about some rams of the apocalypse?
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Can I call mine binky

c4430c848be5d8b2aece7c6a12c778c2.jpg
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    Can I call mine binky

Lets call it "Buttstallion" ;)
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    Damokles wrote: »
    Can I call mine binky

But binky is the best
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Can I call mine binky

But binky is the best

I can see I need to diffuse this tension. We shall call it Binky the Buttstallion.
  • Options
    neuroguy wrote: »
    Can I call mine binky

But binky is the best

I can see I need to diffuse this tension. We shall call it Binky the Buttstallion.

Im sorry Terry but the masses are hateful
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Great idea!
    I personally will be making it my goal to create the rarest and most interesting horse varieties possible. Not currently planning on cross-breeding with other species, I want to purely focus on horses, hopefully this will be possible :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    neuroguyneuroguy Member
    edited August 2019
    Nelirya wrote: »
    Great idea!
    I personally will be making it my goal to create the rarest and most interesting horse varieties possible. Not currently planning on cross-breeding with other species, I want to purely focus on horses, hopefully this will be possible :smiley:

Look at my horse, my horse is amazing.
    Give it a lick, it tastes just like raisins.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=O3rpmctmC_M
  • Options
    NeliryaNelirya Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Great idea!

10/10
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Yes, the possibilities, with some of the little pieces of information steven later dropped on discord to quote " resistances, defensive abilities, skills, charge abilities, attacks many many things" sounds like the whole systems surrounding animal husbandry will be nice and in-depth.

One thing I did take away from the video but it is somewhat unrelated to this thread and that is seeing the horses running through the world, possibly the actual game world of Verra? That was actually quite exciting to see for me the second such creature we have seen in-game in recent times.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Varkun wrote: »
    Yes, the possibilities, with some of the little pieces of information steven later dropped on discord to quote " resistances, defensive abilities, skills, charge abilities, attacks many many things" sounds like the whole systems surrounding animal husbandry will be nice and in-depth.

One thing I did take away from the video but it is somewhat unrelated to this thread and that is seeing the horses running through the world, possibly the actual game world of Verra? That was actually quite exciting to see for me the second such creature we have seen in-game in recent times.

There will be wild horses in game for people to tame, fight or kill.
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    VarkunVarkun Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Varkun wrote: »

There will be wild horses in game for people to tame, fight or kill.

My point was that they were in the world now as in the map of Verra thus showing how much potential progress has been made with the actual map of Verra at this point in time if they are placing mobs ie horses. It was last December Steven was talking about how surprised he was at how fast the map of Verra was coming together. That is 9 months ago now so I really do wonder where that map is at now.

Sorry but this is so off-topic.
    3KAqRIf.png
    Close your eyes spread your arms and always trust your cape.
  • Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Great idea!

WTF did I just watch????
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    Great idea!

Holy sweet lemonade....
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    I bet this was made by someone on Newgrounds
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Hahaha, I thought most people were familiar with it at this point :P.
  • Options
    Hahaha, I thought most people were familiar with it at this point :P.

I only need three songs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUsu1R3bOvY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZZ7oFKsKzY

Wow, this thread derailed quickly! :'D
    a6XEiIf.gif
  • Options
    At least its a fun thread ^^
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• Options
    Wandering MistWandering Mist Moderator, Member, Founder, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I bet this was made by someone on Newgrounds

Damn, now that is a very old site from my school days. I didn't even know it was still running.
    volunteer_moderator.gif