Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Ashes of Creation and Steam - Was it worth it?

JahlonJahlon Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
Steven and Intrepid had their reasons for putting APOC on Steam. What the reasons were we may never know, but we do know just the first day results were pretty...well I'll let you fill in your own adjective.

Maybe Steven or Margaret will release a statement telling us why they decided to put the game on Steam.

https://youtu.be/4puLpQyXuZM
hpsmlCJ.jpg
Make sure to check out Ashes 101

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    More take a crap in your own hand, throw it against the wall and see if it makes a pretty design. Steven's instincts and statements through 2017 and 2018 showed his knowledge that it was a bad idea. That is why we have the various instances of "Never on Steam!" that we do. New people got hired. Those people had working relationships with other people at Steam. People start advocating in meetings about how, if just given the chance, it could be a force majeure for customer acquisition. The word smithing begins. Now you have a mess that will take them even more time to work out since My.com, Mail.ru, Steam, and Intrepid all seem to have been working from different playbooks this time around. There is a reason why a simple google search of Steam Launcher Problems gives you 3 million results. Won't affect me because I will never link my account through Steam, but you gotta feel for the people who don't read FAQs and fine print and find they are slaved to Steam with no backsies.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg