Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Will AOC plan to support First person combat and/or VR on Launch?

I understand VR is probably not going to happen. My guess is it's too much work for something that doesn't have enough statistics to give investors/leaders enough confidence it will have a worthwhile ROI. But in terms of first person support, are there any plans to simply add a second player camera that is literally shoved into the players head and attached as a parent...

I personally feel that having first person implemented as an added feature: even if it doesn't have it's own first person animations to go with it for the first few months, is still better than hiding everything in first person view.

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    They have said there is currently no plan to support first person due to the resources it would require. Will they add it in the future? No one knows, but with the support load that will continue after launch for the things already promised post-launch, catering to a very small niche that has not already been promised is doubtful. Most mmos don't really hit their "golden age" until around the 5 year mark after launch if they survive that long. Lots of things to do to get to that point.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • edited October 2019
    Hi there - as unknown mentioned, our primary focus at this time is the third-person camera and view for Apocalypse and the MMO!

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread out now, but please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any further questions on this particular topic :)
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.