Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

(Off topic) What superpower would you have

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2020
    Sawo wrote: »
    UM. ACTUALLY!
    Ironman's super power is his genius, which he uses to become rich, effortlessly at will (despite already having been rich) .. He can slap together pretty much anything with scrap and $0 ..

I hate that I felt the need to say that and I'm so sorry. I don't even like superheroes what's wrong with me?

But, Batman herited money. He is a playboy who hire people to make him look good and powerfull :smiley:
    And I think that Ironman had daddy-money behind his genious/education.
    This is a true power of money; with it, you can get stuff done.

I dont like superheroes either... im more like Judge Dredd, Rogue Trooper and Lobo kind of anti-hero fan :wink:

Hmm, good points!
    Time travel

You could go into the past and learn it’s secrets.

You could invest and secure your future.

You could travel into the future and attain immortality from scientific achievements or other insane technology.

You could change history for the better, and visit lost loved ones.

Aha!

That's a similar line of thought I had with immortality. Living long enough to take advantage of time-travel technology in the future.

Also one could go back in time to play Everquest before Planes of Power introduced all that semi-fast travel and convenience ;D
  • Options
    Think I'd go for Immortality.

I find the idea of death super scary, not having to worry about that would be greaaaaaaaat.
    Xvg0iN1.png
  • Options
    Alternation of reality
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    phdmonster wrote: »
    I would like to have the powers of Nagash - the Warhammer version, not the AoC Forum one although he is cute.

Having power over life and death while also being able to literally raise any number of undead creatures, well having enough magical power to split a planet in two is also a plus.

...... I have many points to make on that but I'm too blinded by rage to say them
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    Nagash wrote: »
    phdmonster wrote: »
    I would like to have the powers of Nagash - the Warhammer version, not the AoC Forum one although he is cute.

Having power over life and death while also being able to literally raise any number of undead creatures, well having enough magical power to split a planet in two is also a plus.

...... I have many points to make on that but I'm too blinded by rage to say them

Why? I said you are cute :wink:
  • Options
    Being able to transform into a half-dragon or full fledged dragon.
    E8OOol.gif
  • Options
    Time Control probably. It's dope being able to influence the masses and stay alive until you shape a better world; plus, to fix mistakes.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    I'd like the copycat ability. So if someone could read minds near me, I could read theirs too. If someone was immortal or could fly, then I would also be.
  • Options
    CorpierCorpier Member
    edited August 2020
    I would go with Wolverine style immortality or invulnerability. Regenerating so fast I don't age or preferably having a physical and mental condition that cannot be damaged or deteriorate. Eternal life could end up as eternal suffering without the right countermeasures.

Honorable mentions:
    Time Control- (time travel forwards and backwards, slow down/accelerate time, and of course stopping time)
    Teleportation- self explanatory
    Imperceptibility- Being unable to be seen, heard, smelled, tasted, or touched by anyone or thing without my permission, and I can interact with anything at will. Effectively like invisibility, silence, and intangibility all at once with complete control.
    Being made of, able to generate, and control with my mind a super durable substance. It would be make me incredibly durable, could manipulate the substance my body is made of to make myself super strong and be able to fly. Could make any weapons with a thought. Could control the vibration of molecules of the substance at different frequencies to turn it from solid to liquid and back, generate enough friction to make fire, or turn it into controlable sand. Lots of possibilities that would make for a very versatile and powerful superhero.

I would say mind reading or mind control, but all uses of them just seem to unethical and I wouldn't trust myself with the power to take away another person's freedom or invade the privacy of their thoughts. It just too manipulative.
  • Options
    ilisfetilisfet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Magic creation.

I can make anything I want, including immortality and time stop.
  • Options
    AtamaAtama Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Teleportation. If I could just blip to work, blip to the store, etc. It would be the best. Also, if I could teleport people away, teleport things to me (get another soda from the fridge, summon my keys). That would be my go-to power.

Hhak63P.png
  • Options
    Sum12hateSum12hate Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Control over anatomy/genetics not only does it give you nice passives like regeneration and shape shifting if done right you could "copy" most powers
  • Options
    RavudhaRavudha Member
    edited January 2021
    The ability to grant and take away powers to and from myself and others. First power to grant self: immunity to other powers.

I didn't see any genie clause in the fine print (i.e. can't wish for more wishes), so that's what I'd choose.
  • Options
    ariatrasariatras Member, Founder
    Time travel.
    l8im8pj8upjq.gif

• Options
    Something funky, but not too powerful, cos I wouldn't trust myself with anything too powerful...!
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Just give me mage hand. I think I could bring down society's with mage hand.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    maouwmaouw Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    o boi have I thought about this question:

ENERGY MANIPULATION AND CONVERSION

- Scream --> turn the sound vibration into photonic energy and burn everything with a laser (probably not very efficient tho) (Literally Solarbeam on demand)
    - remove kinetic energy from water molecules ---> ice
    - keep removing kinetic energy from stuff until they reach absolute 0 --> super conductors
    SUPERCONDUCTORS DUDE!!
    - Find any metal and direct the random flow of electrons in the metallic structure to generate electric/magnetic fields, alternate the flux at whatever frequency you like and you have radiation!! Want some gamma action? Howabout some black light? Or microwaves? Or just pretty light shows? jam a signal? send out an sos? hijack a frequency?
    - Alternatively, just direct the free electrons in circles ---> eddy currents ---> super hot metal
    - If you've been having a particularly bad day, you can always mess with the nucleus of an atom ---> begin a nuclear fission chain reaction, that's a ton of energy to play with.
    - If we wanna break the rules slightly: entropy and time flow in the direction of the dissipation of energy, so technically you can reverse time by returning energy to places that it came from - but good luck with that.
    - Fly? well... more like hurl yourself across the sky using large amounts of kinetic energy
    - invisibility? bend all light around yourself. Or direct all light into the ground to cloak yourself in shadows
    - Speed? depends what g forces you can take - maybe if you can apply the forces uniformly across your entire self you'll preserve structural integrity and your rib cage won't implode.
    - Spontaneous explosions. Just coz you can.
    - Spontaneous implosions. Do them in slo mo for some real entertainment. gravity tho :/

But all that said, I'm pretty sure the old adage "a candle lit at both ends burns twice as fast" totally applies here. Probs will die early, tinkering with ridiuculous amounts of energy.
    I wish I were deep and tragic
  • Options
    Love ❤️❤️❤️
  • Options
    VoidwalkersVoidwalkers Member
    edited January 2021
    Precognition that can read the future from now ~ at least 1 year ahead.
    - Enough to avoid most risks / dangers
    - helps decision making, by a lot
    - Turns lottery & stock / commodity markets into personal ATM.
    Cons: might make you dumb if you rely too much on "knowing" instead of "thinking / predicting" outcomes.

But just to be greedy, I'd also like:

- Mind reading, we're always trying to do it anyway without the actual ability to do so.
    - Telekinesis. The most versatile & convenient ability you can have.
    - Superhuman strength, intelligence, endurance, stamina. There're times when combat ability matters in RL even for an average civilian.
    - Forever young. Doesn't have to be immortality (coz I don't think an eternal life would be interesting), but aging definitely sucks.
    - Pyrokinesis. Last resort and trick up the sleeve.
  • Options
    BlightEmpireBlightEmpire Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Gotta go for immortality as well. Its what ive wanted in reality its what id want anywhere to be unending to be alive long past the last stars burning out the blackholes collapsing neverending!. But that being said youd have to sleep for 10 years at a time see whats new try new things go to new worlds etc.