Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Season pass mistake?

NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited September 2019 in General Discussion
Steven just sent this message out "Additionally, all Alpha and Beta testers in the MMORPG have received the first season of Apoc free! with over 70 rewards available for playing that carry over into the MMORPG." I just wanted to ask if this was a backtrack as I thought all alpha players get every season pass for free and beta players get the one-off pass?. if im wrong could you please tell me ^^
nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace

Comments

• NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited September 2019
    ok so just an update.

Ce0w5vx.png

its seem steven said "We have decided that all Alpha One backers will have lifetime access to the Legendary path. We will also be giving all Beta and Alpha Two backers access to the first Chapter's Legendary path, with over 50 cosmetics available to earn!" this was in the 2018-12-08 Newsletter
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    alpha 1 should still get the other ones for free. i think its just a wierd way ( marketing ) of saying it. kinda like unnecessary info to include for everyone or we xd
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
  • unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Well, they could always wordsmith it later and add the "EPIC path" to sieges and the "WONDER path" to horde mode and say "we said you get the "legendary path" lifetime, now pay us". Is that my extreme paranoia from other games developers screwing people in the past? Of course. But think about it. Anyone who paid $500 bucks or more has shown a willingness to drop stupid amounts of cash on a concept and faith, why anger people that will over the life of your company probably be your biggest cash cows over a side product and not your flagship.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • WololoWololo Member, Phoenix Initiative, Hero of the People, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    that would cause massive outrage :D lets seeeeee
    Signature-management.gif?ex=65f88ff0&is=65e61af0&hm=b60a2978ee5b23ae1190691e2c655431c2027836a84bfd2e6b3d5c1c410cfc7d&
    Well, they could always wordsmith it later and add the "EPIC path" to sieges and the "WONDER path" to horde mode and say "we said you get the "legendary path" lifetime, now pay us". Is that my extreme paranoia from other games developers screwing people in the past? Of course. But think about it. Anyone who paid $500 bucks or more has shown a willingness to drop stupid amounts of cash on a concept and faith, why anger people that will over the life of your company probably be your biggest cash cows over a side product and not your flagship.

That why I asked if it was just a mistake or a backtrack.
    nJ0vUSm.gif

@LieutenantToast could you help clear this up?
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @Nagash Sorry, had misread your op. My understanding was that anyone with A1 access (so the $500 packages and above, website, KS, or Summer) have APOC for lifetime. No additional cost. A2 and below package holders got the first pass for free. They will need to pony up the scratch or embers from the next one. Anyone who just joins or doesn't own a package will pay from now on. So basically the newsletter info you had linked. If they try to charge A1 holders for APOC in the future I don't see it going very well for them at all.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
    edited September 2019
    @Nagash Sorry, had misread your op. My understanding was that anyone with A1 access (so the $500 packages and above, website, KS, or Summer) have APOC for lifetime. No additional cost. A2 and below package holders got the first pass for free. They will need to pony up the scratch or embers from the next one. Anyone who just joins or doesn't own a package will pay from now on. So basically the newsletter info you had linked. If they try to charge A1 holders for APOC in the future I don't see it going very well for them at all.

Neither do I, That's why I want some clarity from the mods
    nJ0vUSm.gif

• All Alpha and Beta backers get the first Legendary Path for free, and all Alpha 1 backers specifically have lifetime access - same as what was in the original newsletter!

Not a mistake or a backtrack, probably just a matter of keeping the messaging simple in that post ;)
    community_management.gif
    All Alpha and Beta backers get the first Legendary Path for free, and all Alpha 1 backers specifically have lifetime access - same as what was in the original newsletter!

Not a mistake or a backtrack, probably just a matter of keeping the messaging simple in that post ;)

Thanks for the clarification
    nJ0vUSm.gif