Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Minimum Specs are false?

Today I tried to play apoc and... the result was not pretty...

Even if the minimum specs were:
Processor: Intel Core i3-2125 3.3GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 3.3GHz
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 460 or AMD Radeon 6870 HD with 1GB

And since mine were:
Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ @ 2.60GHz
Memory Ram: 16GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 980m

I was expecting acceptable results at least, around 20-30 fps (was it too much?)...

After putting everything on the lowest resolution possible, I went to play... the results were:
1-10 (between one and ten) frames per second (depending if I was looking at the ground or in front + if there was anyone near me)
2-3 (between two and three) sec delay on actions (this was far worse in the inventory but with low fps I didn't understand well if there was a cooldown on item swap or if it was just a shadow)
An ability to attack others and deal 0 dmg

In short I can run the game, but I couldn't play it.

I don't know if the game is not well optimized yet, but I'm sad that the minimum specs were just a "it runs" instead of "it's playable".

What I want? Either a more optimized game or an update the the specs.

Comments

• Options
    RaytekuRayteku Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    @DarkCristal

I see you have Geforce 980m which means your on a laptop, right? While laptop GPUs don't perform as well as their Desktop counterparts your specs should play it. Are you sure the game is running on your 980 and not using your i7 CPU for the on chip GPU laptops have a habit of doing that.

Switching to the dedicated Nvidia GPU
    - First, open the Nvidia Control Panel. One way to do that is right-clicking on an empty space on the desktop and choosing Nvidia Control Panel from the menu.
    - Navigate to 3D Settings > Manage 3D Settings.
    - Open the tab Program Settings and choose the game from the dropdown menu.
    - Next, select the preferred graphics processor for this program from the second dropdown. Your Nvidia GPU should show as High performance Nvidia processor.

Finally, save your changes. Your game should now run with the dedicated Nvidia GPU.

also you may wish to use "High Performance" Power mode in windows. Just make sure you switch back if you use the laptop on battery otherwise it will drain your battery very fast. Also if you game on a laptop make sure to plug it in not only for battery life but also because laptops tend to underclock performance to increase battery life.

I hope this helps if you didn't already know all this.

Rayteku
  • Options
    FuryBladeborneFuryBladeborne Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    For some reason, my game runs smoother on higher settings. It defaults to max, I lowered them to see what would happen and the game went from smooth almost 100% of the time to frequently jerky and blurry graphics.

I have an intel i7, 16 gb ram, nvidia 1060.

If I remember correctly, in one of the twitch streams intrepid specified that the game is being built on a 960. So, a 960 and up should be able to run everything at max.