Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Resolution: Buttons Unexpectedly offset

DrakatDrakat Member
edited September 2019 in Bug Reports
All buttons/boxes (username box, password box, lobby button, settings button, play button, etc.) are all shifted either up or to the right. It is impossible to click the settings button so if it is an error due to a preset resolution it is currently impossible as a player to fix.

Reproducing bug: Just opening client

Expected Result: Being able to click on visible boxes and them performing their designated tasks

No error messages

Comments

• Options
    Same issue, as well as on the login screen. I also notice the resolution, and mouse are being altered (slightly skewed to the right and up) after the game launcher is switching from the Anti-Cheat portion towards the launch of "APOCClient-Win64-Shipping.exe". This I believe is resulting in the offset mouse/icon positions.

(REPOST FROM OTHER BUG DISCUSSION)
  • Options
    I got this issue too, after setting the display resolution. The offset is messed up, and persists even after uninstalling and re-installing.
  • Options
    GreypeltGreypelt Moderator, Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    A potential workaround for this issue in the meantime is pressing Alt+Enter to toggle windowed mode.
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    I think I fixed it by pressing F11 and it changed to window mode. I was confused at first too until I started pressing random buttons to see if anything worked. This solution definitely needs to be in the list of known bugs.
  • Options
    Launcher UI issues when game client launcher changes my resolution from system default

Description
    After launching AoC it changes the display resolution, after the change none of the UI elements line up with mouse cursor, making the game unplayable.

Bug Reproduction Steps
    1: have a system with a resolution of 1920x1080 but be running a 4k monitor
    2: launch AoC
    3: try to click anything
    4: see that the cursor is misaligned
    5: contemplate life, maybe YOU are misaligned
    6: restart client in case that helps
    7: it doesnt
    8: look at the client like O.o
    9: make a bug report

Expected Result
    UI aligned to allow access to the game

Bug Report - Actual Result
    UI is not aligned
    04EcQiC.png

• Options
    mezcappmezcapp Member
    edited September 2019
    Issue persists in game! To fix in game: press alt+enter to exit full screen and change resolution to Fullscreen Borderless.

Edit: after changing in-game setting to Borderless Fullscreen, the UI elements on all screens including the login screen/patcher now line up correctly.
    04EcQiC.png

• Options
    I also have this issue. Thanks for the workaround.
  • Options
    I had the same issue - the problem is that the game client and system had a resolution mismatch.

Fix: Alt + Enter to enter Window mode, go to settings, set the native resolution for your screen (I had to set 2560 x 1440) and choose fullscreen Window Mode.
    If you have G-SYNC monitor - enable VSYNC.

Press Apply.
    Let me know if it works for you!
  • Options
    The issue is stil current after this time and no way to press escape to access to the menu