Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Corrupted index in pak file: Game crashes when trying to open

higuy333higuy333 Member
edited September 2019 in Bug Reports
Every time I try to open the game by clicking on the desktop icon it just pulls up the Unreal Engine crash screen saying
--Assertion failed: [File:Unknown] [Line: 4298] Corrupted index in pak file (CRC mismatch).
APOCClient_Win64_Shipping
kernel32
ntdll--

I accidentally downloaded the game with the launcher from the previous beta test and it downloaded successfully and said the launcher would now restart. When it restarted it opened up the crash log. I tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling and this time when I tried to open the game it immediately crashed my computer and gave me a blue screen. I tried opening the game again and I get the crash log. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times and trying to delete any extra files, but every time I get the crash log now.

Comments

• Options
    I launched game, it did an update. Restarted and crashed. I get the same crash error as you every time. I even uninstalled, redownloaded and installed again and same thing.

Can't play.
  • Options
    Full uninstall, and deleting every intrepid and ashes folder on my pc, then reinstalling seams to have fixed it.
  • Options
    Ok I did the same thing but I also had to download an uninstaller because "Game Installer" would not uninstall through my control panel. Kind of annoying but I got it.
  • Options
    I manage to FIX my unreal engine 4 error by also deleting files from %temp% and %appdata%
    It's not only the %localappdata% folder people should be looking for.

So basicly we should delete APOC files/folder from these 3 folders.
    %localappdata%
    %temp%
    %appdata%
  • Options
    I still have it!