Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Riding a horse was problematic

horendishorendis Member, Intrepid Pack, Alpha One
For me, trying to control the horse was difficult. There were several times where the horse got stuck in a fence and going down the road looked like I was drunk (or the horse was). There needs to be some compromise between the previous spin your horsey round and round and the current slower than molasses control.

Comments

• Options
    unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
  • Options
    I agree. The horse movement feels off. The horse itself moves more like Mario Kart than an actual mount. And the controls feel twitchy, non-fluid.
    tK6oEvp.png
  • Options
    Personally, it feels like it was designed to be controlled via a controller. all the movement is done via the wasd keys, which means chunky movement at best. You should be able to use fine control wit the mouse to control the direction of riding.
  • Options
    MakinojiMakinoji Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    edited September 2019
    I agree with everyone here, I think the horse should be controlled via mouse similar to the way they do it in elder scrolls online, as their horse feels fluid and responsive to me. The horse collection is a bit odd as well, hitting E while collecting the mount for the first time should automatically put you on the horse until you hit H again.

Some other things that I noticed while on a horse for about 5 matches straight no combat lol
    -footprints aren't there on any terrain
    -water does not splash or have any effect on the horse
    -elements do not affect the horse
    -the climbing is odd and its legs and hooves do not adhere to the terrain
    -the front bending of the leg is odd and unnatural as well as the hind legs
    -the SFX for the horse are all the same across all terrain

one last suggestion, upon death the horse should flop (kind of like in red dead redemption) this will feel more natural and make for more immerse play. IMO.
  • Options
    I definitely think we should at least be able to turn with the mouse. Trying to turn with AD felt wrong.
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    The horse controls were unnatural.