Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

3 Suggestions from a long time PvPer

1) Allow users to choose very basic equipment as their load out before the match starts. As of right now, it's extremely unexciting. Having zero customization options before a match starts kind of defeats the purpose of an MMO style battle royale. Literally 90% of the fun in an MMO Battle Royale is customization and right now you have none. Your equipment during the match is luck of the draw. Please have a few options players can equip before the match begins. Most players will die right away, meaning they will never experience customization or choice of abilities.

2) Create tool tips for every single ability in the game. I understand this is a testing environment, but no one will play it because no one has any idea how. Dying is fine, but players should feel like they learned something after each match. Right now I have to open wikipedia to read basic tooltips that should be in the game.

3) Reduce the stamina cost of abilities. Having an exciting action based combat should be exciting. At present, players blow their stamina way too quickly. You can get a combo off and then you wait. This isn't exciting. It's more like chess, which is fine. But not for a battle royale pvp game. Part of the excitement is the potential to kill multiple players at once. With the stamina as is, it seems really slow and bland. The characters feel weak and the skill cap is low. Being able to dodge a few times then counter attack would be fun. Right now if you dodge a few times you wait for your stamina to build up before doing anything else. It feels clunky.

Comments

• Options
    I would agree with 2 and 3 for sure. Many of the easy tool tips would be how to jump lunge, use chest ability and boots ability. Health should be increased or damage lowered by a lot. Stamina should be more, or add stamina pots, and allow pots to be drank on the run. After fighting one guy or just doing a combo or 2, your stam'd out.

As for OPs 1st topic, I dont see why one shouldnt be able to pick their one hander starter, but the point is to get people to drop in high loot areas. I think people would learn more with the opportunity to live longer during battles, and survive if they choose to run when out numbered or crappy armor etc.. Also with an increase in Stam you would need to limit the air jumps to 3 as it is now due to stamina cost.