Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dash Mechanic

jwinnjwinn Member, Founder, Kickstarter
I'm on the fence in regards to dash mechanic. I think in it's current state, it's too OP. Players can essentially "fly" if done properly.

We already have blink, dodge roll, and other movement enhancement abilities/buffs. I think if dash was to remain in game it should only be available via armor/weapon buff or have a much higher stam cost. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    seems fine to me if you dash around in a fight when you run out of stam you are gettng smashed because you cant fight back. and the circle is so small at the end then its largely inconsequential. Pro tip you can do it too and just because "see" someone doesnt mean you are owed that kill. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes you run, and sometimes they run. it all evens out in the end. Also its basically pre prealpha combat testing
  • Options
    jwinnjwinn Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    Right, I realize it's pre-alpha. Hence why I'm testing and posting suggestions.

I'm all for keeping the dash mechanic in game, I just think it needs to be toned down a bit. At the moment it seems a bit silly.
  • Options
    StarStar Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    jwinn, I'm not sure to think about it right now either. But I noticed the blink is really helpful to help maintain stamina. To add onto this, I also feel like it is a waste because the icy feet/boots(don't remember name) are even more worth it because we now don't need blink to run away.